Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM

Default WSOP Europe

Is this going too far?

Should it be televised?

Does winning a Euro WSOP bracelet count?

If Hellmuth wins an event is he going to run around screaming about number 12?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: WSOP Europe

I think it's kind of silly/ redundant. But then again, it gave my kid the opportunity to set a record.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:59 AM

The WSOP is moving from being an annual championship to something like a league. Soon everyone will have a bracelet.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:30 AM

Too far? Because it's a few more bracelets or because it's not in the USA? If it's the former then three more doesn't make much difference does it - if it's the latter then the question is somewhat silly considering it's a World Series.

How could it not be televised?

If Phil wins another one in the UK, he will be prancing around unlike anything seen before as you'd expect but I guess an 18-year old will win, and next year at an event held in South America or some cosmopolitan Euro state it will be a 9-year old making history - I just hope she knocks out Phil for some cool TV moments.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:52 AM

As long as it's not around the same time as the WSOP US...

I think it could add a LOT of players to the internet and live poker pool.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too far? Because it's a few more bracelets or because it's not in the USA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about the commercialization of this whole thing. I think it would be better if the WSOP did travel the world and hold events throughout the year, but then there should still be 10-20 bracelet events total held in June in Vegas that would be considered the real world championships in each game or event. The ME buy-in should be bumped to like 75K so there would be no question of whether it is the premier poker championship event. I mean, as it is, the WPT championship that Mortensen won is probably more prestigious right now...
Old 09-08-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, as it is, the WPT championship that Mortensen won is probably more prestigious right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the WPT known for having a bad structure though? The final table being a pushfest. Even though the WSOP ME usually has unknowns left at the final table, usually every year a known pro makes it to the final table. I think 75k is a little too much maybe 25k would be better, that way it is still possible for amatuears to play but not as much. I think that the WSOP Europe braclets should be called WSOP Europe braclets sort of like how they have a WSOP Circuit events where getting the ring is good but not as good as a braclet.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:24 PM

Anything that gives more people a taste of the WSOP experience is a good thing. The key is not overdoing it like they do here in the US, 2 trips to tunica, do we really need 2 trips to tunica ? Do we really need 2 trips to Indiana ? less is more sometimes if you want to make it special.