Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: SSNL, how bad was this fold? given m limited read

i think folding is ok.

some people here said his play looked scared. i agree, but i think he is scared to play a pot deepstacked.

assume he has aces. what if a K or Q flops? he'll be very afraid of you having a set, but also doesn't want to fold his aces under any circumstances. so he decides to "not make a mistake" and just shove. hero might even think it looks suspicious and call him light.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: SSNL, how bad was this fold? given m limited read

[ QUOTE ]
guys, never folding KK preflop is a basic strategy that you should usually follow because its harder to make mistakes not folding than it is otherwise. HOWEVER, if you dont trust your reads you will never improve as a player. this is something that annoys me as people live by lame blanket statements like "never fold KK pf for x bbs." dont be afraid to make a thin fold/call/raise when the situation warrants, it should be obvious!

[/ QUOTE ]

I do totally agree with your point here but doesn't OP say he doesn't have a read? I don't think you can fold KK at 1/2 unless you have a read to suggest AA is v probable such as the stats implying he is supertight. I don't believe the sample size is large enough for the analysis above to be meaningful