Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Odd Quiz, introductory concepts pt. 1.

anything we need to know about villain, or just in a vacuum?

a)yeah i'd bet
b)well......we are coinflipping, so any FE we have translates directly into +EV, so betting is obvious
c)$250

2.a)yes
b)because my hand is better than his
c)17
b)keep betting unless he sucks out, i wouldn't pot the turn though, bet a bit smaller. 2/3 to 3/4
Old 08-30-2007, 03:16 AM

I'd check/call 1, and either check/fold or check/raise the turn AI. Hand 2 I keep betting until I run out of chips or he improves.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont you think your play is going to be a bit obvious if you pot 3 streets when you're semi bluffing and looking for folds and bet lightly on each street with made hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt say i would just pot 3 streets or bet really lightly but i dont think game theory/balancing would matter too much if i knew exactly what my opponents cards were every hand.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
odds...something i'm not good at. i'll skip this one :P

[/ QUOTE ]

the two times and four times rule really helped me get odds at the table

basically double your outs is the percent to hit on the next street, quadruple your outs is the percent to hit after two more streets

so a FD is 9 outs, if you have a FD on the flop you're 18% to hit on the turn and 36% to hit by the river

gut shot is 4 outs so 8% and 16%

etc.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:34 AM

so much of this depends on the opponent i think but ill try.

1. bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river.

2. bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river
Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 AM

1)knowing his hand, I'd ch/c flop in Hand 1 because I think he is very very likely to check the flop because of his weak kicker. I also think he will check turn behind if we call his flop bet. If we bet flop and check turn, I think an unknown is very likely to fire the turn large and we will have to fold.

I think a double barrel is ok here, but unknowns dont fold enough so I think he is just as likely to call down as he is to fold the turn...and we have to invest a ton more money to see IF he will fold.

2) Knowing his hand...this is an easy bet, bet, bet...depending on the cards that come, obv.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 AM

do we know how villain played hand 1 when we play hand 2?
its obvious that if we know villains tendencies and know he plays hands the same in similar/same situations then we should take 2 different lines.
i'm assuming we dont have this info, so:

1) 3/4 pot on flop, ch/rai turn - free card is fine/good and its very hard for him to call a push
2) 3/4 pot on flop, ch/rai turn - if i miss the turn ch/r then i ch/r river asssuming he doesnt improve

the problem is that we very rarely get villain to fold TP when we fire only 2 streets, but we cant expect to fold when we want him to, and then call other times when with the exact same cards/board. i think planning the turn ch/r and allowing villain to make the decision to bet or check behind negates this problem but im not exactly sure how to put my thoughts into words clearly. (but it involves being able to take different river lines when villain checks behind, knowing that our equity is exactly 100% or exactly 0)
Old 08-30-2007, 04:00 AM

Hand 1 I think betting the flop is good even though we're an underdog, but that's just my intuition speaking. I would def check the turn UI though, and go for a c/r or c/f unless he bet smallish I'd c/c.

Betting the flop and turn is good though against the right player even though we know we're behind, assuming we believe we can bluff the river and get him to fold his TPWK to a third barrel.

Hand 2 is a pretty obvious bet on all streets until we have the worst hand. Not sure why you would even post a hand this obvious.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 AM

since you can play perfect poker, c/c a draw like that in hand 1 seems absurd. id probably bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop and reevaluate the turn. if i hit a spade, id bet a small amount, unless it was the ten of spades (in which case id bet a healthy amount.) and if i hit an ace, id bet enough to make it a mistake for him to draw to trips/2pair.

if i whiffed the turn. id again bet around 2/3 the pot. he might lay down, and if not, you're building a good pot in case you do hit...or setting up a triple barrel for the river. even if you miss the river as well, a lot of runners will make KT very uncomfortable. in which case, we're shoving air. if we miss on both streets, and KT can call off all of his chips unimproved...gg.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 is a pretty obvious bet on all streets until we have the worst hand. Not sure why you would even post a hand this obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really obvious though. Lots of people in this thread are saying bet/bet/bet for #1 expecting villain to fold TPWK but then want to bet/bet/bet for value in hand #2.