Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 07:33 PM

Default HU 3bet combo on turn vs aggro

Ugh, can't find the HH.
HU .5/1 on stars vs a very bad aggressive opponent. (see low content thread, same guy). He worked his stack up to abou $98 and this hand takes place.

Reads on the opponent are that hes been potting a ton of flops and being more aggressive than me. At one point he wont like 18 hands in a row, which is pretty god damn impressive but he def has quite a few leaks with his aggression.

say 100bb effective stack to make it easy.

Hero has J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Raise $3 and villian calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero checks behind

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero bets $5, Villian reraises to $22ish, Hero Reraises Pot.

Yay/Nay?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: HU 3bet combo on turn vs aggro

What's the point. You're not ahead and he's not laying down two pair ever. Just call and take him to value-town if you hit.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 AM

oh i dont like to calm down agro oponents with air
you should do this, but with 2 pairs at least, for me
Old 08-13-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh i dont like to calm down agro oponents with air
you should do this, but with 2 pairs at least, for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Also, messed up the OP a little. I have 3 hearts in hand and the 9 is the spade.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 AM

well i just think you have not enough odds to push it vs 2 pairs and higher because its the turn already. busted so many times in such situation, just my opinion

board: Kh4d2cQh
Hand Pot equity Wins Ties
Jh9sTh6h 43.65% 260,980 1,879
KQ** 56.35% 337,141 1,879
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 AM

i dont like this for the same reasons as iggy - plus if you are confident out outplaying him you shouldnt fall into the lags trap of trying to out agro him by shoveling the money in before the river on a succession of flips
Old 08-13-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i just think you have not enough odds to push it vs 2 pairs and higher because its the turn already. busted so many times in such situation, just my opinion

board: Kh4d2cQh
Hand Pot equity Wins Ties
Jh9sTh6h 43.65% 260,980 1,879
KQ** 56.35% 337,141 1,879

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so scared just b/c it's the turn? 44% equity is more than you'll have with a lot of semi-bluffs when you get called.

I think there's nothing wrong with the push since he doesn't have to fold that often for it to be profitable, but if he's really a crappy-lag, with you having position it may be even more profitable to just call and hope to stack him when you hit.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like this for the same reasons as iggy - plus if you are confident out outplaying him you shouldnt fall into the lags trap of trying to out agro him by shoveling the money in before the river on a succession of flips

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not "falling into his trap" if you're offering him a succession of flips in exchange for his occasionally putting in his money drawing dead.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:09 PM

If hes the type that can't fold, then I agree with everyone else. With position, several nut outs, and no made hand, you are better off calling and value betting.

A better time to do this would be OOP, holding something like middle pair plus a mediocre draw, where you can make a lot of hands that will win show down but will be pretty far from the nuts (mid two pair, low trips low kicker, 7 high flush...)
Old 08-14-2007, 11:27 AM

He folded.

I actually really really liked this line. Not sure if thats a good thing or not, but I justified it in my head at least [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There were a few reasons why I feel this was a good spot to 3bet. 1) Because his line is so weird, he had been playing so agro that checking OOP twice on this board made no sense to me. 2) He thinks I'm tight/nitty and this could easily just be a play. 3) He thinks I'm tight/nitty and I will get more respect for a 3bet here than I normally would. 4) If I just call, I give up unimproved basically because he fires rivers. and 5) If I do improve, thers no guaruntee that I get any value because he easily could c/f some weak ass two pair here to an obv river scare card, not to mention again, he thinks im tight/nitty, hard to value bet a river here after I catch something. So even IF he calls here with top two (which I don't expect to see much since he didn't bet flop or lead turn) i still have a good chance at winning the pot AND it loosens up my image which is something I desperately needed at this point in the match.

But ya, he folded, I assume he had nothing or next to it.