Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 05-10-2007, 03:06 PM

Default mid stakes LHE at the wynn?

mods: if this belongs in the middle stakes limit forum, please lock and ill repost there, my apologies in advance.

im heading to the wynn this weekend for the first time and wanted to get peoples impressions of the lower-middle stakes (8/16, 15/30, 30/60) LHE game there.

if this seems like a vague question, the reason im asking is this; if someone asked about the 15/30 games at any of the b&ms in the bay area, i would respond something like "if its an action table and the pots are big, stick around, but if you get the feeling that half the table has been playing eachother for ages and refuse to get involved in big pots with eachother, go with your feeling and walk away because implicit collusion is rampant around here."

so if anyone can give me their thoughts on the games at the wynn (juicy? rocky? cuthroat? collusion among regulars?), it would mean a lot to me.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: mid stakes LHE at the wynn?

Its a nitfest, viewflop % probably around 15-20%.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:26 PM

ugh, goddamnit. so basically im paying back my room rate with the rake?

i do believe i better pray for a plo game getting spread..
Old 05-10-2007, 06:29 PM

Usually on weekend evenings you can find the $8-16 or $15-30 is ok. Bellagio $15-30 is much better and usually has more tables going.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM

word, i was just going through the search function here and it looks like i should probably play just enough to get my poker rate at the wynn, then hustle over to the bellagio for 15/30 there.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
word, i was just going through the search function here and it looks like i should probably play just enough to get my poker rate at the wynn, then hustle over to the bellagio for 15/30 there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some nights the 15 at Wynn is better, some nights at Bellagio. My standard practice is to scope out the Wynn first. A lot of the game players are the same regulars at Bellagio, the differences aren't really that great.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:53 PM

Just got back from Vegas, and the Wynn 8/16 and 15/30 and the mirage 10/20 were all terrible.

The 10/20 at the Mirage was miserable. There were two tables going and I got up from my very bad table to check out the other one. Watched it for a round and only 2 hands made it to the flop and both of them ended there.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from Vegas, and the Wynn 8/16 and 15/30 and the mirage 10/20 were all terrible.

The 10/20 at the Mirage was miserable. There were two tables going and I got up from my very bad table to check out the other one. Watched it for a round and only 2 hands made it to the flop and both of them ended there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could u please elaborate mre as why they're terrible and miserable? I'm just at a lost here, thanks.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur, the past two weeks have been really odd around here, the games at those levels are just meh. The Mirage had a limit tourny on Tuesday, perhaps thats why?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:02 PM

Vegas is frankly not a great place for middle LHE these days unless a big tourny is in town. Commerce and CAZ are much better