Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 05:54 AM

Default Vegas- New Years Parking

as long as my tires come in (damn this auction car and all the [censored] i gotta replace), im heading to LV for new years with a few others, and staying at our place in henderson. Havent been there on new years yet, and I'm wondering what the parking situation is like. from what i understand the streets are closed off, but could i still get to mandalay via south LV blvd and park there? is there nothing and should i just take a cab? anyone else gonna be around on new years? thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Vegas- New Years Parking

Best generic sorta advice would be to get there by about 3pm, and not plan to leave until after 2am. Last year I did the opposite...I left about 3pm and went back about 2am, and that worked fine, though Caesars garage was still claiming to be full at 2am and I couldn't get in, and the strip baracades were JUST coming down but I was still able to zip across the strip and park in Harrah's garage.

Don't know specifics about how far south the strip will close and whether you'll have access to Mandalay's parking (best bet would probably be access from Sinatra). Local news and the Review Journal generally publish specific street closing info a couple days prior to NYEve. And hopefully someone at Mandalay would know if/whether/when the streets around their place will be closed.