Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 12-20-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Second nuts facing river raise in $0.50/$1 PLO

I've played with Codestah quite alot and in my experience he doesnt tend to pot rivers without holding a pretty good hand. However, he's done a few crazy things against me and i think he tends to overvalue FH's so im pretty sure im putting as much money in here as possible. (zeebo theorem still applies in omaha in my experience)
Old 12-20-2006, 07:16 PM

I reraise the pot on the river. Is it possible he has 56 clubs? Sure it is- but its also possible he has a full house or a flush.

I'd feel sick if he had the straight flush, but I would go broke with this hand all day long. Its a positive EV move.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:20 PM

You're 120 BB's deep and you're thinking of calling the river with Quads. It's not a bad thing to see monsters under the bed in Omaha b/c you have to fold alot of good made hands, but Bro don't start believing there are always monsters this big hiding under there.

At this level, you will see 3's full, 8's full, 7's full, and even Ace high flushes or worse way too many times to even consider just calling here.

Get it in on the river here and if he has 5c6c, which he obv. does or you wouldn't have posted it, then chuckle to yourself about your bad luck and go post it in BBV.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:49 PM

This does remind me of a live 10-25 omaha hand. I flopped an open ended straight flush- but the flop also had a pair on the board.

The flop was 10d8d8s... i had 7d9d. There was heavy pre-flop action and I was facing a 600 dollar bet on the flop. There was 1 caller, so I essentially was getting 2 to 1 on my money. I was considering raising, but I had to assume they both had a hand.

I had a 3000 dollar stack so I had to figure someone had an 8 and threw my open ended straight flush draw away. Risking 20% of my stack on 2 outer isnt a very good play.

As it turned out- one guy had trip 8's with an ace kicker. And one guy had 10's full. The river gave me a straight flush! Damn I was kicking myself for not gambling, but it was a case of making the right laydown at the wrong time. I would have nearly tripled up.

The point is- the odds of making such a big hand as quads in omaha is rare. The 2nd nuts in this case is almost always good. I mean people with the big full house go broke to quads way more often than quads going broke to straight flushes. And they both happen very infrequently.

At these limits and with 120 BB's- reraising river is correct play. Now if your really deep- it may be wise to just call after a few re-raises back and forth.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This does remind me of a live 10-25 omaha hand. I flopped an open ended straight flush- but the flop also had a pair on the board.

The flop was 10d8d8s... i had 7d9d. There was heavy pre-flop action and I was facing a 600 dollar bet on the flop. There was 1 caller, so I essentially was getting 2 to 1 on my money. I was considering raising, but I had to assume they both had a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds very like a hand I played on full tilt, except I'd flopped the quads, villain A had flopped tens full, and villain B chased down his straight flush and hit the river.