Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: 7-10$ stolen at the bike: did the floor handle this right?

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty obviously the OP's fault. If you want a seat change you should a) wait until the seat is vacant and b) learn to move chips without spilling them everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also let the dealer know you want to move seats. That way the dealer will tell the new player coming in that the seat(empty) is taken and can then direct the player to the open seat, though it is still occupied.

b
Old 08-08-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but when she came to get the rest, she grabbed some of my chips which had spilled,

[/ QUOTE ]

Neatness helps.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this case you would have moved your card protector to hold the seat, and the rest would be moved after she vacated all of her chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I try do it. Fortunately it's kind of hard to integrate, say, a bright green $2 Bike chip or a blue Bellagio or Borgata chip into your stack if you're not playing in games that uses chips of those colors. I try to pick a chip that doesn't look like the ones in play just to avoid confusion during the hand, but I suppose that's a beneficial side-effect.

Sometimes I do spill my chips moving over, and then I get to look like a moron stacking them as though I just won a monster pot.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:00 PM

Card protector is fine, as is a cell phone or something of the like. I was more interested in using a general example of something everyone has though, since not everyone plays with card protectors (I prefer using an in-play chip to protect my cards as opposed to long-term protectors).

Either way, that's the idea. If it's a single $1 chip, there's no way the dealer and/or floor are going to cause a commotion with numerous witnesses that she took your single chip with her stack. Trying to estimate you had a topped-off stack and that she took a couple of chips, as in this circumstance, is what's going to cause confusion.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
must be my bad then, i rushed because i was trying to move before the new player came since the bb was coming up, trying to get that free hand cost me it

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they changed the rules in the last couple of years? In the past there was no way to get free hands by moving seats. That is if you moved away from the blind you had to wait or post (contrasted to most other othere parts of the country where you can get 1 or 2 free hands by moving).

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Borgata in AC, you can move up to 3 seats further away from the button without being required to post.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
must be my bad then, i rushed because i was trying to move before the new player came since the bb was coming up, trying to get that free hand cost me it

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they changed the rules in the last couple of years? In the past there was no way to get free hands by moving seats. That is if you moved away from the blind you had to wait or post (contrasted to most other othere parts of the country where you can get 1 or 2 free hands by moving).

[/ QUOTE ]

no the rules havent changed, but this is the only opportunity when u can get a free hand: If youre next hand would be the BB, then moving away from the button one seat left is not penalized, because since there is no one in that seat nothing really changes at that moment, but when you know someone from the board is coming and its one hand to go till your BB, u move without being penalized and the person coming in the game would take the BB.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:01 AM

Quick story:

At the Bike last month in a $300-$500 buy in NL game I had eleven twenty chip stacks of yellow ($5 chips) in a near perfect and neat arrangement but one stack was one yellow chip short. I also had three blue ($1) chips on top my stacks making a total of $1098 in chips. Since I was in $1100 and at one point stuck about $700 I took a break and ran into a famous 2+2 poster to let him know I was now up $1 for the night since I tipped $3 for the comped meal from my chips.

Anyway, while I was gone this guy who was siting next to me and on massive heater but also a bit drunk racked up about twelve racks ($6000) and as he tried to pick them up he proceeded to spill the entire mess onto my stacks, which turned the whole end of the table into a massive puddle of yellow chips.

With the help of the camera and floorman I got back to $1 up for the night. But I tipped off $10 bucks so I guess I ended up stuck after all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 08-09-2006, 07:13 PM

i am a dealer and the way i would have handled this is. when u said u wanted to lock up that seat i wold have thrown a reserved button or blinds due button to lock the seat up for you. however i do think the floorman should have checked the cameras if ur argument was legitament. even tho i am a dealer and like tips. that 30 dollars u lost could be your tips for the entire night you know.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am a dealer and the way i would have handled this is. when u said u wanted to lock up that seat i wold have thrown a reserved button or blinds due button to lock the seat up for you. however i do think the floorman should have checked the cameras if ur argument was legitament. even tho i am a dealer and like tips. that 30 dollars u lost could be your tips for the entire night you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

The $30 he lost. In his title he says $7-$10 in his post he says $5, where you got $30 I have no idea.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:40 PM

Yes- they asked if you wanted to pursue it.

Now you know better.