Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

[ QUOTE ]
I wish both sides would act better and more civil towards one and another, because the constant name calling makes these threads un-readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ofcourse exactly what they want.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 AM

lmao. That's right, I actually work for the government and don't want these threads getting any traction with the plebes...

Conspiracy kooks don't argue, they just bring up different points in lieu of responding to objections to their previous points. So I just keep posting cats to make the thread more enjoyable

Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have spent a lot of time looking up information on the 9-11 conspiracy theories and all the events that happened that day. I am sure that something happened that day that we are not being told about...outside of that it's very confusing and hard for someone like myself with limited scientific knowledge to draw any conclusions about it.

One thing I do know for sure is that the people who opposed Neilso in this thread and pretty every thread I have come across where someone takes the "9-11 essentially happened like everyone thinks it did" side acts like a jerk toward the truthers. I wish both sides would act better and more civil towards one and another, because the constant name calling makes these threads un-readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand this is pretty much ALL Nielsio's fault right? If you dont believe me read the post after this one of yours.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have spent a lot of time looking up information on the 9-11 conspiracy theories and all the events that happened that day. I am sure that something happened that day that we are not being told about...outside of that it's very confusing and hard for someone like myself with limited scientific knowledge to draw any conclusions about it.

One thing I do know for sure is that the people who opposed Neilso in this thread and pretty every thread I have come across where someone takes the "9-11 essentially happened like everyone thinks it did" side acts like a jerk toward the truthers. I wish both sides would act better and more civil towards one and another, because the constant name calling makes these threads un-readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically my position too, I have never understood why is that bad to have an independent investigation? and why is it ok to give the government a GIANT free pass on their responsibility? Where do the buck stop?

And I thought this forum have no jerks, but this thread proved me wrong, it's like reading OOT.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Personally, I could care less. I mean, I'm glad some people care. But I don't. And there's so much [censored] to wade through...

It's one of those cases where you have overly-credulous tin-foil-hat people fighting with condescending [censored], and neither side justifies their position well.

My position is pretty simple. I'm sure some things really don't add up, but incompetence is a more likely explanation than conspiracy.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You understand this is pretty much ALL Nielsio's fault right? If you dont believe me read the post after this one of yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand that it is really frustrating debating with Neilso. If I was on your side of the argument I would not see a point to continuing. I really don't want to go through this thread and count the amount of times people call him an idiot or a kook or stupid or something of that nature. There are a lot of people out there who are looking into this information for themselves and it's discouraging when every site I go to 911 truth people are harassed to no end.

WRT to his reply to my first post in this thread, well I am going to unfairly clump you in with all the people who are against Neilso in this thread, sorry if you never really did any of this stuff. I don't think he is insinuating that you're all CIA members or Cointel Pros or anything of that nature. It's just very obvious that you guys seem to enjoy derailing the hell out of this thread and making it unreadable. It's not a conspiracy theory, there are a ton of lolcats and ad hominems people seem to enjoy derailing this thread.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand that it is really frustrating debating with Neilso. If I was on your side of the argument I would not see a point to continuing. I really don't want to go through this thread and count the amount of times people call him an idiot or a kook or stupid or something of that nature. There are a lot of people out there who are looking into this information for themselves and it's discouraging when every site I go to 911 truth people are harassed to no end.

WRT to his reply to my first post in this thread, well I am going to unfairly clump you in with all the people who are against Neilso in this thread, sorry if you never really did any of this stuff. I don't think he is insinuating that you're all CIA members or Cointel Pros or anything of that nature. It's just very obvious that you guys seem to enjoy derailing the hell out of this thread and making it unreadable. It's not a conspiracy theory, there are a ton of lolcats and ad hominems people seem to enjoy derailing this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is:

Terrorism isn't new. It's just 9/11 was a watershed incident for the US in dealing with terrorism. If I'm not mistaken, this hadn't happened on such a scale to Americans before, and the anger and frustration in trying to figure out what's happened is all well and good.

But when a poster posits an angle that it's part of a larger conspiracy, in a forum of logical thinkers (for the most part) he is going to be mocked.

Consider that terrorism isn't new and Europeans have been dealing with it on a scale for decades with collectively higher body counts. Certainly this isn't mentioned, except for his trying to tie later incidents into 9/11 as part of a larger conspiracy.

While deplorable, 9/11 is a single incident, using it as a rationale to further any kind of conspiracy agenda is at best Pyrrhic.

You won't find those same cat-callers diminishing the incident itself and the anger and dismay that such a thing could happen. It's when that a conspiracy theorist tries to rationalize his agenda by including statements like: "But that's what they want!" that he is going to be rightly mocked for such a view.

And consider that it's been over half a decade since the incident, and Americans should really consider themselves fortunate that this wasn't the start of a larger attack on American institutions.

Does this mean terrorism is no longer an issue? Sadly, no. Does this mean there's something more insidious at work here? No.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thing is:

Terrorism isn't new. It's just 9/11 was a watershed incident for the US in dealing with terrorism. If I'm not mistaken, this hadn't happened on such a scale to Americans before, and the anger and frustration in trying to figure out what's happened is all well and good.

But when a poster posits an angle that it's part of a larger conspiracy, in a forum of logical thinkers (for the most part) he is going to be mocked.

Consider that terrorism isn't new and Europeans have been dealing with it on a scale for decades with collectively higher body counts. Certainly this isn't mentioned, except for his trying to tie later incidents into 9/11 as part of a larger conspiracy.

While deplorable, 9/11 is a single incident, using it as a rationale to further any kind of conspiracy agenda is at best Pyrrhic.

You won't find those same cat-callers diminishing the incident itself and the anger and dismay that such a thing could happen. It's when that a conspiracy theorist tries to rationalize his agenda by including statements like: "But that's what they want!" that he is going to be rightly mocked for such a view.

And consider that it's been over half a decade since the incident, and Americans should really consider themselves fortunate that this wasn't the start of a larger attack on American institutions.

Does this mean terrorism is no longer an issue? Sadly, no. Does this mean there's something more insidious at work here? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you even aware of any of the controversies surrounding these events?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:47 PM

That'd require wading through cat hair to find your angles to the situation, Nielsio.

What about the fact I pointed out, that terrorism isn't exactly new and it's only new in an American purview?

If you can summarize your opinion, and I heavily lean on the word opinion in this situation about what's actually going on in a paragraph or two, it'll serve as an exercise for you to try to rationally explain what's going on.

I was attempting to point out with my post that there's more than enough reason for you to be mocked as you have. I wasn't dismissing 9/11 as a meaningless incident, but your approach in trying to make it a larger conspiracy lacks cohesion. If you collected your information and summarized it so it was readable without the aid of video links, you might gain a little more respect and less lolcatty responses.

Sometimes it's delivery, not content that damns you.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken, this hadn't happened on such a scale to Americans before,

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct, while we have experienced terrorism at home a couple of times, it was never on this scale. Also there has never been a terrorist attack anywhere on this scale anywhere before. Also, we have experienced terrorism abroad, IE attacks on embassies and the like.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't the logical thing to do if these conspiracy folk were really just wild loons to just ignore them and let them be? I know that is not as much fun, it's just a lot more prudent.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here is how I see the whole issue. I don't know a lot of what happened, I probably will never get the complete answers I want. Although that is not going to stop me from trying to find them. On 9-11 a lot of things happened that do not sit well with me. All I want is to find discussions about the event where everything does not turn into wild accusations and lolcats. I think that Borodog's posting of the conversation with Neilso, while rude to post a private conversation without consent, is what I am looking for.