Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:31 PM

Default 18/45/90/180 vs. stt profitability roi yadda yadda

so i know i'm some sort of a deuch for asking this. and i'm sure if i searched through all the 2+2 records something would turn up which would help me. but i'm a bastard and i was hoping out of the goodness of your heart - you might just give me some answers.

My friends on a short bankroll and he's like "yo son serious i wanna balloon this [censored] in ta some mad chedd's what the brother gotta do???" So i told him hit up some single table sngs and just rock on. but i wanna know

whats the profitability in 45 person sngs vs. a single table sng. is it about the same ROI wise? What sort of bankroll should he have if he wants to run 8 at a time? whats the deal with this smaller tournaments? and are they "solved" like single tables sngs are?

i'll post some more questions later. but you prbobaly didn't even read this far so [censored] you! but if you did that wasn't toward you. i love you. or you people.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: 18/45/90/180 vs. stt profitability roi yadda yadda

Warning- Not the math answer you probably wanted...
I play the 5 table (45 person) tourneys instead of the 1 table SNGs.

Reasons:
a) I believe my ROI is better (not using PT, so hard to say exactly, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])
For example- 1st in a 45 person pays 14 buyins. 1st in a Single table pays 4 buyins. I can get multiple buyins out of a 4th or 5th place finish in a 45, but have to place top 3 to even break even for the one tourney in a single. (and top 2 are the only real profit). Can he win 1/3 or top 2 more than 50%? in the 45s I only have to make top 4 or so 1/8 times to be ahead.

b) It's better practice for larger tourneys, in that you have moments in the tourney's when tables get down to 6 players or even less prior to the FT. You get to practice your transition game a bit. (fun)
c) if you are good enough to beat a single table, you are good enough to beat a 45.

8 at a time? Not my thing.

Most of the folks playing that many tables (EIGHT?) are playing cash and "nut camping". But if he's a savant? Sure knock yourself out. (and please send me his screen id on stars and what tables he's playing so I can take his chips on 2 of those tables)

Oh, the single tables generally go about 70 minutes, the 5 tables only run about 90-100 usually. You'd need to check your hourly rate a bit I suppose, but 70 minutes for 4 buyins vs. 90 for 14... hmm... math is fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-'skull
Old 11-26-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"yo son serious i wanna balloon this [censored] in ta some mad chedd's what the brother gotta do???"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, btch, I'm cuter!

-ZEN
Old 11-26-2007, 05:03 PM

What buy in levels are we talkin?
Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 PM

i actually have the same question on weather or not playing 45 man sitngos are profitable long term or if variance is too high to keep up results.

im just curious if playing the 10+1s are good bankroll builders?

not trying to hijack just addin on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
its my 1st post so be forgiving lol