Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Knowing your math. Basic draws.

Hand 1: This looks like an easy call, we are getting 3:1 and thats about exactly our odds to make our hand. We also have implied odds from river bets.
Hand 2: Sub Q: fold. I think I just fire this, My guess is he probably called preflop with the intention of floating a veriaty of flops. I think his range is probably weighted towards small-medium pairs, some SC's and maybe a KQ or AJ type hand. Since we can fold out most everything except KQ and AJ we can profitably bet 30 as the only hand i expect to call is AJ, which we have outs agaisnt. I neglected him having a set here, which he very well could, I wouldn't triple unless I hit a king, so I think its a pretty easy b/f turn and c/decision river.
Hand 3: I think I call here planning on bluffing the flush rivers.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#1. We're in the CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], we (200, unknown image) raise to 8 pf. BB (245, you have a few notes/stats but just a typical player with somewhat loose TAG stats) defends his blind. Flop (~17 minus rake) comes A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], checked to us, we bet 12, BB check raises to 32 total. We call. Turn (80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] villain bets 40. What do we do?

[/ QUOTE ]

we have 1/5 chance of hitting, so I wouldn't pay more than like 1/4 (1:3) which is $27 or so because he could easily not have 2pr+ and so we won't get paid all that often enough. When he bets $40 I fold despite stack sizes. I also don't like a push on that board.

[ QUOTE ]
#2. We are UTG and pick up AQo, suits irrelevant. We (200, unknown to these players) make it 8, button ("defends his button religiously" but a tag/lag with 245) calls.
Sub Q: If this player 3bets to 25 total, what's our standard play?
Any case, flop (~19) comes T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], we bet 12, villain calls. Turn (43) comes a blank, 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. What's our play? If we check, villain bets 25. What's our play then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't c/c, so that leaves b/f and c/f. I really hate c/r on this board too. I think *I* have enough FE to make a bet profitable, and we do have quite a few outs. It also balances us out for when we bet with TJ and he pushes, only in that case we call, but here we fold. If we bet/call our whole range or bet/fold with our whole range, we are not balanced. I would just b/f this turn. With a tight image, tag's know better than to mess with me when I bet turn unless they have the goods.

Sub Q: If this player 3bets pf to 25 total, what's our standard play?

depends how much he 3-bets. also depends what we do with QQ+/AK. If he is a light 3-better then treat it same as AK. But in a vacuum, calling sux anus.

[ QUOTE ]
#3. A bad player (140, very loose passive) limps UTG, and we (240) isolate raise 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button to 10 total. BB cold calls, as does the limper. (BB has 383 and is a nit where this cold call is AQ-AT, JJ-22, possibly a little wider range given UTG's presence, but not looser then that). Flop (~30) comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and they check to us. We timebank a little bit contemplating a cbet (validity in checking) but opt to fire away with 23. BB calls, and UTG folds. Ok, lost the bad player, got the good player, terrific. Turn (~76) comes the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and BB bets 44. What do we do?

[/ QUOTE ]

we have just under 1/5 to hit, but some of those are to a flush draw, so we have even less clean outs. So with such a small chance of hitting a call looks terrible here. I prob fold it out to a nit without a read.

Isura says:
[ QUOTE ]
1 - Call.

2 - Check/fold.

3 - Shove.

That's how I'd play it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I'm like the anti-isura. Though I think he has a very different image.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: This looks like an easy call, we are getting 3:1 and thats about exactly our odds to make our hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The odds of making our hand is 4,1:1, little less then 20%
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 AM

Ok, just read ur answers.

#3: I liked the info that the nit has a big hand alot, and so implied odds are much bigger. That was some good info.

#2: I hate this c/c with your 'balanced range' mainly cuz if we have a made hand that we c/c 2 streets with balanced with our AQ here, he doesn't double barell turn AND river enough to make calling with AQ profitable, and he doesn't fire twice enough to make our big hands profitable. The problem is of course that we are oop.