Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-09-2007, 12:28 PM

Default TPMK 3-way action

Button is TAG, folds too much, seems to be straightforward so far

SB is unknown

Whats my plan?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10SB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero...
Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: TPMK 3-way action

Ew tough spot. If you think button is crazy enough to find another raise with an overpair its an easy fold. Otherwise I try to peel for one bet. If the turn goes bet call call, I fold if SB leads the river. If button folds the turn (unlikely) I'd make a crying call on the river vs. SB.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM

If there is not too many crazy things in your games, I fold. With the call of sb, Btn can not bluff.

You are drawing thin against Btn if he has AA,KK,AQ,KQ,QQ and 77. There is only 3 or 4 hands with a FD for Btn. At least 50% of the time Sb (if he's a normal player) can beat you and very often you are drawing dead. Btn makes quite often a stupid or not raise on the turn. Moreover we loose quite often another bet on the river when we catch a Q or a J.

Maybe we fold the best hand 2-3% of the time (with 15-20 cards to dodge on the river), but very often we save a bet.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 PM

Pretty simple fold I think given the massive reverse implied odds.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:13 PM

Looks like your hand is no good once the SB bets out into the preflop and flop raiser + 3-bettor. That's quite a show of strength. If you have outs versus SB, you may be drawing thin versus buttons range, and he also may raise the SB's bet, costing you multiple bets to see the river.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty simple fold I think given the massive reverse implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

what wait???
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM

Fold, you're behind both villains pretty often, you're not closing the action and some of the time you're drawing completely dead here.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold, you're behind both villains pretty often, you're not closing the action and some of the time you're drawing completely dead here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Those very few times that we are actually ahead of both players (which will be almost never if they've half a brain between them) half the deck is gonna be bad news for us on the river. Easy fold IMO