Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 10-19-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: 25NL AK hand 300bb deep

I'm posting at work on my phone, but the mistake on this hand was not checking behind on the turn.

I'll post more when I get home in 6 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm posting at work on my phone, but the mistake on this hand was not checking behind on the turn.

I'll post more when I get home in 6 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I check behind on the turn.

You are WA/WB and if you play this hand for a lot of BBs you are probably behind to a lucky 3 or a K7/77 that got very lucky.

Your hand can't stand a lot of heat on this board so I'd use my superior position and exercise pot control. I'd then call a psb on any river or bet if checked to. If I got C/r on the river I'd fold.

I think villain could have a worse K, trips, a mid pp, or some weird 2p and I think he might bet his weaker hands if we show weakness on the turn. I think betting the turn folds out weak hands that called a flop bet b/c they didn't think you had it and leaves only the strongest of the weak K and the hands that beat you.

So I'd check the turn for the above reasons.

As played:

Unless this guys made a habit of check raising/check minraising the turn; he's not doing this with any hand you beat. One pair is no good here; he either has a 3, a floated 77; or (not likely) K7. KQ doesn't do this; I give him credit and let him win a medium size pot.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:47 PM

To the players that say "check behind turn" - I bet the turn for value against this player.
Not betting there is losing too much value IMO, and a little bit results oriented.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the players that say "check behind turn" - I bet the turn for value against this player.
Not betting there is losing too much value IMO, and a little bit results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain's stats are terrible but the stats we have here do not say anything about him being a calling station so I am not sure what you base your read on

If he has a high call turn % then it's ok to bet turn for value, he could call with a worse K or even with a lower pair

I am not sure if I'd be happy with a turn reraise from him though as that usually means a hand that beats us