Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HOT or NOT
HOT 11 44.00%
NOT 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

It is the loss of control over the interpretation of the statements and what economic consequences they may have to the reputation of a fellow human being that trouble me. Especially when their are other avenues that are just as effective and raise no such risks.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Also, if anyone thinks that I am talking about a lawsuit actually occurring then either I mis-spoke or reading comprehension is suffering. Conduct being of the color and quality that could potentially give rise to liability depending on the chain of causation it starts is what I am talking about. There is no threat of litigation here. Plus, I am not personally involved.

What I do care about is that lack of a safe, reasonable and mature process for mediating disputes that does not involve imprudent and risky public discourse.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please translate this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pay him. Pay that man his money ldo.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Is that from Rounders? (Yes, I've never seen it.)
Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost interest in this thread yesterday. I just stated the truth and of course have emails to back it up.

What got me to post was his attitude towards me when I tried to collect what we agreed on. It wasn't a big deal until he started acting like I was the bad guy for bothering him for money. It sounded to me just like the way he is treating OP in this thread.

Alobar said it best and this is the best post in the thread IMO:

[ QUOTE ]
dude, you effed this one up. Quit the stupid excuse making and the "I dont care what you think, I have people that can vouche for me, blah blah blah" stuff.

Be a man, admit you screwed this up, stop making excuses, and learn from the mistake like a mature person would. You'll come off waaaaaaaay better than the way you are now. It's ok to make mistakes and screw stuff up, thats how most people learn. Just dont be one of those idiots that thinks their [censored] dont stink and they are never wrong, and who in the face of overwhelming criticism think its everyone else who is being retarded or out of line or wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how I feel. Treat people good. Tell them the truth if you can't come up with the agreed upon money.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you have already noted and I have concurred with, nobody disagrees that what you alleged occurred would be frustrating and shake your confidence in the parties involved. Also, nobody but a complete idiot would try to support the antithesis of the Golden Rule. The problem here is about process, format, substantiated accusations, and inflicting harm in the public domain that can have unforeseen consequences that could potentially be disproportionate to the alleged wrongdoing and therefore undeserved. If you response to this is some cavalier variation on the "you get what's coming to you" just save it. This camp-fire wisdom has already infected this thread.

Money gets made when dispute resolution is conducted in proper forums with the assistance of neutral parties. Not taking a dump in front of thousands so they can fling it around in every which direction. Attempting to essentially blacklist a person on the basis of the conduct alleged here is excessive. This may be more clear to me then others because Kyle has a 800 credit score with me personally. Still, the issues this type of thread raises should be of concern to everyone.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got home 10 minutes ago. The Indians won the series. I won a huge bet on Dallas ML with a friend.

Calm. Down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I'm not sure you could come off any worse in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be fun to see him try though
Old 10-09-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that from Rounders? (Yes, I've never seen it.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, it's from the end of it.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM

The whole black and white thing threw me off.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:30 PM

wtf go watch rounders now
Old 10-09-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even if he did grim the guy on the website money, whats the big deal? the guy only loses 7 days of his time and some increased annoyance. i dont think its a big deal is that weird?

[/ QUOTE ]

37 days not 7. 30 + 7 = 37.
Closed Thread