Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: HOT or NOT
HOT 11 44.00%
NOT 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

even if he did grim the guy on the website money, whats the big deal? the guy only loses 7 days of his time and some increased annoyance. i dont think its a big deal is that weird?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even if he did grim the guy on the website money, whats the big deal? the guy only loses 7 days of his time and some increased annoyance. i dont think its a big deal is that weird?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I can count about 12 much more annoying situations I've encountered in the last few business deals I was involved in and there is absolutely zero bad blood, we will work together again, and the suggestion of attacking the person's reputation in public would make me question the IQ/sanity of person advocating such an approach.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like the complaint was probably more about the mode this was handled rather than just the stuff falling through. I suspect kyle was probably making the whole thing sound more certain than it was.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it weird that I always thought of his name being pronounced "Ky-leb" not "Kyle-B". Maybe it's because it's not capitalized.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I can count about 12 much more annoying situations I've encountered in the last few business deals I was involved in and there is absolutely zero bad blood, we will work together again, and the suggestion of attacking the person's reputation in public would make me question the IQ/sanity of person advocating such an approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm.... Someone negotiating a deal to buy your business and then failing to pay is kinda a big deal. Sure its just an online affiliate business, but that would create an enormous hassle. If you would do business with someone like that again then I severely doubt your ability to judge people.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A+
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm.... Someone negotiating a deal to buy your business and then failing to pay is kinda a big deal...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you would do business with someone like that again then I severely doubt your ability to judge people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do business to make money. Dealing with ego-centric, busy and somewhat inconsiderate people can be very +EV. I am not saying that Kyle fits this description. The point is that slight delay in payment or one minor deal falling through to my acute displeasure but which otherwise leaves future equity stemming from the relationship availible will be dealt with privately and with tact. The most I can say is that in the future I would employ more protections such as option contracts, escrow, negotiation fees, etc. This is just business people. You expose yourself to small losses inflicted by even the most well-intentioned potential partners if you don't use a little common sense. Some of the most profitable relationships I've had are with people who I employ very restrictive legal/negotiation tools to limit the potential for frustrations and spillage in the event of failure-to-launch.

Clearly I believe prop bets should be paid on time. I just take major exception to the process utilized here. I should also not that any big prop bets I've down have included payment penalties. Same thing with stake make-up or other such things. Also, people really need to explore some very simple concepts involving commercial paper, escrow and secured transactions. Everytime I read of some poker player getting burned for six figures or having to settle for some lame prop bet settlement I wish I had the time and desire to start a practice centered on the poker circuit for facilitating stakes, prop bets and loans.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do business to make money. Dealing with ego-centric, busy and somewhat inconsiderate people can be very +EV. I am not saying that Kyle fits this description. The point is that slight delay in payment or one minor deal falling through to my acute displeasure but which otherwise leaves future equity stemming from the relationship availible will be dealt with privately and with tact. The most I can say is that in the future I would employ more protections such as option contracts, escrow, negotiation fees, etc. This is just business people. You expose yourself to small losses inflicted by even the most well-intentioned potential partners if you don't use a little common sense. Some of the most profitable relationships I've had are with people who I employ very restrictive legal/negotiation tools to limit the potential for frustrations in the event of failure-to-launch.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, on the flipside, if none of this is a particularly big deal and there are all these wonderful ways to get around it, then how is it a big deal to mention it publicly?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 PM

I lost interest in this thread yesterday. I just stated the truth and of course have emails to back it up.

What got me to post was his attitude towards me when I tried to collect what we agreed on. It wasn't a big deal until he started acting like I was the bad guy for bothering him for money. It sounded to me just like the way he is treating OP in this thread.

Alobar said it best and this is the best post in the thread IMO:

[ QUOTE ]
dude, you effed this one up. Quit the stupid excuse making and the "I dont care what you think, I have people that can vouche for me, blah blah blah" stuff.

Be a man, admit you screwed this up, stop making excuses, and learn from the mistake like a mature person would. You'll come off waaaaaaaay better than the way you are now. It's ok to make mistakes and screw stuff up, thats how most people learn. Just dont be one of those idiots that thinks their [censored] dont stink and they are never wrong, and who in the face of overwhelming criticism think its everyone else who is being retarded or out of line or wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how I feel. Treat people good. Tell them the truth if you can't come up with the agreed upon money.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A+

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone please translate this?

Also please more pissing battles over lawsuits that have a less than 0% chance of ever actually happening. Can't get enough.
Closed Thread