Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 09-30-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Flush on turn gets C/R HU.

Taking a shot at 3/6. Villian has been aggressive in the few hands we've played. I caught him double barreling the turn/river with air so hes capable of bluffing. Not really any other reads since we just started at this point. Do we call this with the intent to call most rivers? If anyone folds a brick river to a psb, why not fold here? If he checks would you valuebet brick rivers?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $6 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($1430.50)
Hero ($894)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($36) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($36) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $60</font>, Hero ???
Old 09-30-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Flush on turn gets C/R HU.

arrrrgh, personally, i bet this flop to find out what kind of buisness this maniac has.

to be honest, if i'm not going to bet the flop here, i'll probably fold to the check raise on the turn. you said you were throwing a shot so that changes everything. if i was planning on playing this maniac for a while with a sufficient roll, then i'll definately call him down to see what he has and keep myself on balance.

in your situation, as played, fold and wait for a better spot for this maniac to pay you off........since your throwing a shot.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:52 PM

Yeah bet the flop for sure. You have to call the turn c/r, and if checked to value-bet the river. If he bets I probably call any size.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and if checked to value-bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

arrrrgh, lol, i'm such a nit. i might just check behind on the river considering i caught this maniac double air barreling in a previous hand and i know he is just waiting to rub a big check raise in my face for revenge.

wazz, if you get check raised on the river in that spot......you fold right? god this is so sick. personally, i kind of like the check behind on the river. theres not much he can call with if i value bet and if he has a better flush, i show a worse flush and then he knows he's not playing an idiot but he thinks i can be exploitable........and thats when i'll nail him down the road.

lol, i like this hand. theres so much metagame here.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM

i don't think this is a good spot to value-bet the river. if he checks, you're up against air or the q or k high flush like 100% of the time.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:12 PM

I dunnow, I think he can check-call a reasonable bet here with a lower flush quite a lot. I don't call a checkraise though.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:49 PM

The two checks kinda threw me off and I could see him making a play at this with the lone Ac or even Kc tbh. Before I acted I tried to put some %s on how often he takes this line with a made flush and how often he'll fire twice a bluff and had a hard time doing so.

This being a "shot" shouldn't really come into play. I've played my fair share of 3/6 over the years, mostly in NLHE tho. Also, as far as game selection goes, theres not much action at the HU PLO tables on stars and I don't get much action when there is so I can't be too picky when I see players sitting higher.

Valuebetting the river is pretty thin in this case imo. I'm not sure he turns a smaller flush into a two barrel bluff (which is what he would do by taking this line then firing a river). Problem is, I think A and K hi flushes bet the river so that only leaves Q hi flush that might check the river too us. Just something to think about.