Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 09-28-2007, 03:05 PM

Default 200.6 4flush bluff

<font color="#FF4444">[*] </font> No real reads on Villain - he's a Tag, 20/17. ($200 stacks)

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $7.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $17.00

Flop: ($51) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($51) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $34.00</font>, MP calls $34.00

River: ($119) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $79.00</font>

Villain should have a hard time calling with the less than the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and wont have a flush here very often, no?

I know I'm not representing the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] very consistently as I most likely would have bet the flop with it, but I still can't see him stacking off without a flush as we have no history and I have been pretty quiet before.

And umn .. do I bet this flop?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 200.6 4flush bluff

Once he calls turn you should be done with the hand.. the only thing you bluff him off is a set and I dunno if he calls pre with 77/88 so I'm gonna say that's only QQ, and there are many combos of non-QQ hands with a spade that won't fold here if they call the turn.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:15 PM

He called the turn... enough said?
Old 09-28-2007, 03:33 PM

<font color="#FF4444">[*] </font>[ QUOTE ]
He called the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

... with ...?

By c/c'ing and checking the river again he doesn't represent too much strength, no? And although there is some (questionable) 2+2 consensus that we don't call the turn intending to fold a non threatening river I don't see him obey this rule very often w/o a decent flush.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain should have a hard time calling with the less than the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and wont have a flush here very often, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
9s9/TsT/JsJ/AxKs are all very possible. I agree he's not calling the turn with less than a set.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He called the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

... with ...?

By c/c'ing and checking the river again he doesn't represent too much strength, no? And although there is some (questionable) 2+2 consensus that we don't call the turn intending to fold a non threatening river I don't see him obey this rule very often w/o a decent flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can take the same line with the As because he knows you're really unlikely to catch up, and most of the time the only way to get money against you is to check.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He called the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

... with ...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's suppose you are villian with the As. You check/call the turn... are you really doing that to lead the river?