Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Default New running shoes (pics)

Just bought the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7. Tried on Asics and Saucony equivalents but got these guys...

I normally run 2x a week about 3+ miles. I plan on wearing these biking and also to the gym...in other words my old ones had to hit the garbage.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: New running shoes (pics)

As long as they fit good brotha...
Old 05-03-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as they fit good brotha...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they have to fit. But a lot goes into buying a pair of running shoes, these are "stability" shoes and are meant for only mild to moderate over pronators. Motion Control shoes are for severe over pronation but lack the flexibility and are extremely stiff, they do their job in eliminating many of the injuries that come w/ severe pronation but they aren't comfortable. These shoes have a little more give to them but still keep the foot from pronating some, they are like the middle of the road control shoe. Then there is the neutral shoe or the shoe just for cushion. These shoes are for the runners blessed w/ a great heel to toe strike and don't need a roll bar in the shoe to correct them when they run, all they look for is comfort (lucky bastards).

Runners need to think of their shoes as tires for their car. Certain tires fit certain cars which then make them perform at their maximum potential. Also, tires wear out. Some say 300 miles and some say 500 miles. I am 6'3 190, so a bigger guy and put a lot more of a pounding on my treads than a lot of the smaller runners so I change my shoes every 300-350 miles.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:43 PM

If you don't know what works for you, definitely go somewhere to have shoes fitted for you, such as a running store. I thought that I had to have control shoes, but I need cushioning ones instead. Also, you need to have plenty of room in them, which caused me to get a half size larger.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Running shoes absorb energy, which is fine when you are running but is a waste when you are cycling. If you are serious about biking get a clipless system with a stiff shoe.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:28 PM

tdarko,

I went to a running store and the guy got down behind me and by my first few steps and stance could tell i was a "slight pronator." You are spot on with this type of shoe and I plan to put my first few miles on them tomorrow. Wore them around the house a little today and feel great!