Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Slow Playing 6 low on 5th st.

I'm unhappy with how I played this but my position made this hand difficult to get full value. The two low boards were LAG, my image is TAG + selectively LAG. I think I needed to raise 5th representing a paired hand or a scared 8 low, or slow play 6th as well, going for a delayed raise on that street or the river. Maybe I'm playing results poker, because it looked reasonable to raise when the two loose players caught good cards, and might be willing to see the river but not put a penny in there?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (12.70 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (8.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (12.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (16.35 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (18.35 BB)
Old 11-29-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Slow Playing 6 low on 5th st.

I'm no hi/lo expert by any means but I like your play for the simple fact that you just called fifth & got 2 extra callers. They most likely would have folded 5th if you raised, just as they did on 6th. I would have done the same.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:48 PM

Since this pot's already a pretty nice size, I prefer to go ahead and take the isolation on fifth and run with my freeroll. And after all, one or both of them may call, which would be nice. They both have the potential to have solid high draws and be drawing thin against you.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:03 PM

With two Fives a Four gone, I can almost find a fold on third street.

I would just raise fifth. Yeah, it would be nice if you could trap the players behind you for a whole bunch of bets, but your position is bad and it isn't likely to change on sixth street, either. The other players might call two bets anyway. Only one way to find out. In any case, if you do get it heads-up, you increase your chances of scooping by hitting a Four or backing into Aces-up or something.