Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Which of these known female poker players could beat 4-8 NL online

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't take is so personal. I was in no way calling her stupid. I am just saying she has a style of play that is very suited to tournaments. It isn't always easy to change up your style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry, i forgot.......beating 5/10 nl is right up there with rocket science and brain surgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you beat it?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i only used to be a mechanical engineer. would that be enough intelligence to beat the tricky skilled players at the 3/6 and 5/10?

pfffft, if one takes a solid tag aproach with no tilt issues to a 5/10 game, the game is easily beaten with half way decent game selection and a proper roll. nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you play omaha

u realize that online holdem at similar stakes is much tougher?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:11 PM

this is a kind of dumb comparison imo. most of these are live tournament players, so you are taking them out of their element in two areas. plus gazes, harman, violette, are mostly mixed game/stud players, with Liz Lieu being the strongest NL player there, from what I've seen. How many of the same online 3/6ish+ could beat them live? Could Phil Ivey or Patrik Antonius beat 3/6, would they care enough? Shows how silly such comparisons are, when you have to start taking away 2-3 advantages in order for the side u want to win, wins.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:16 PM

you lumped phil ivey in that post?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure Annette_15 style would work to well in a cash game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, she's obviously pretty stupid. i'm sure shes going to take a sit and go aproach to a cash game.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.pocketfives.com -------------------->
Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 PM

not saying he couldn't beat it, saying there is no incentive for him. the same holds true for these other players, with some exceptions, who actually have results. Why don't the top NL players online jump into the high stakes HORSE games? they stick to what made them successful in the first place.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:38 PM

Mechanical engineers are the guys who got washed out of the EE program.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 PM

ivey is a bad example. he had games put on just for him (500/1k NLH HU and 2k 4k horse HU with a seat for him always reserved) and usually plays/beats benyamine

and PA regularly beats 200/400+ online...

what do u mean they couldnt beat 3/6
Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 PM

talking about the stakes!! was using an analogy, sorry.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't take is so personal. I was in no way calling her stupid. I am just saying she has a style of play that is very suited to tournaments. It isn't always easy to change up your style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry, i forgot.......beating 5/10 nl is right up there with rocket science and brain surgery.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet that the number of rocket scientists + brain surgeons in the world > the number of people who beat 5/10 at greater than 4ptbb/100, esp post leg

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the shops today, i bought a bag of fruit that had "apples" written on it, and all i got was "oranges".

I bet that the number of spys in the world is greater than the number of people beating 5/10.

I bet the number of royals in the world is greater than the number of people beating 5/10.

I bet that any rocket scientist and brain surgeon could beat 5/10 if they applied themselves. I strongly suspect anyone of average intelligence could if they had the sufficient roll and motivation.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you beat it?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i only used to be a mechanical engineer. would that be enough intelligence to beat the tricky skilled players at the 3/6 and 5/10?

pfffft, if one takes a solid tag aproach with no tilt issues to a 5/10 game, the game is easily beaten with half way decent game selection and a proper roll. nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you play omaha

u realize that online holdem at similar stakes is much tougher?

[/ QUOTE ]

how do u know i play plo?

yes, imo, nlh 5/10 is not a cake walk but with the aproach i already mentioned, the game is easily beatable.

to beat the game is one thing, to crush it like someone like cts is another. if any of those girls can beat 5/10 right now is beyond me. are they capable of beating it? yes. do they have what it takes to crush it like cts?..........nope. i dont think any of those girls mentioned have that kind of talent......except for maybe annette15. sorry guys, i know lots of 2+2ers dont really like her much but she does have good instinct for the game.

i would be damn surprised if she wasnt capable of making the adjustments. to even question that is insane imo.