Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 03:12 AM

Default need a plan vs a 2+2er

really no stats no relevant history. I've been card dead for the most part to he probably hasn't noticed me much or just thinks i'm a nit. 3bet him once before this in the exact same positions and he folded.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $201
Hero (BB): $256.15
UTG: $189
CO: $248.35
BTN: $203

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27</font>, CO calls $19

Flop: ($55) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ???
Old 11-29-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: need a plan vs a 2+2er

bet/3bet AI... if he just calls i make a weak bet on the turn hoping he shoves and i snap call... it might look like a perfect opportunity for him to semibluff.. board is draw heavy and you have two key cards
Old 11-29-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/3bet AI... if he just calls i make a weak bet on the turn hoping he shoves and i snap call... it might look like a perfect opportunity for him to semibluff.. board is draw heavy and you have two key cards

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't sound right to me.

I guess because your main justification is that "This might look like a perfect opportunity for him to semibluff."
Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 AM

These spots are always tricky and it's hard to ever really know the best play.

You have two options: Bet or check.

Betting is the easiest option, and it's advantages are taking the pot down right now, and perhaps getting value from a hand like T9. The disadvantage is that there is not much that can call your bet that you beat, and there's a lot of draws out there that villian can semibluff us off our hand with.

Checking will keep him from moving us off are hand, at least on the flop. It will induce bluffs from some hands like smaller pocket pairs that would just fold if we bet. Problem is, checking here looks weak (it looks like you have what you have,) and we may be faced with some annoying turn and river decisions if he's aggressive.

I've had a lot of problems checking the flop here. TAGs seem to be dealing much better with putting the pressure on you when your hand is defined and that hand is going to have a hard time calling bets.

My default these days is to bet. Given your lack of history, I'd fold to a raise.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:44 AM

There is no good plan. Bet 2/3 for FE+meta I guess, then give up unimproved.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:33 AM

bump
Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 AM

c/c, but I would bet QT7
Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 AM

I think you can mix up your lines here a ton with lots of different stuff that doesn't involve folding this flop.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 AM

I think b/f is by far the best line. A solid, not spewy 2p2er isnt going to call or raise without having you beat or a huge draw, and you really cant expect any action from a hand you dont. I bet $40 and fold to a shove
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 AM

i like check-call as this is a decent spot to balance your play when you dont continuation bet in a 3-bet pot but still not give up when you check.

the worse part is I'm not sure what to do on the turn. i suck. if it blanks, part of me wants to lead but i don't know why and I don't know what to do if I get pushed on because the pot will be large. and i'm not psyched about check-calling again but that might be best. I just don't want the Villain to be able to play perfectly?