Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: AK in a fish bowl. TPTK Call down or get out?

Well, one thing at a time, I guess...

[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with this hand, you make some comment w/ nothinhg to back it up

whats bad abot the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding TPTK at microlimit poker is almost always a mistake. There are some times to get away from your hand, but a flop 3-bet isn't one of them. Maybe villain has AQ and you're in trouble, drawing to 3 outs. Or maybe villain has AK and you just gave up 5 BB by folding.

AK = 6 hands
AQ = 6 hands
AA = 3 hands
QQ = 3 hands

You win 5.5 BB (at least... depending on what the overcaller does) 6 times and lose 2 BB 12 times. Tell me whether folding is a good play.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus your a total jack ass

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be more slow to anger and more quick to listen. I don't always lay out the long answer because it's worth your time to struggle through it and learn it yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
saying you suck at micro does nothing. Youve looked at maby 5 hands (max) probly just one. And OBVIOUSLY its not how i normaly play or i wouldnt post some average hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen enough information to indicate to me that you suck at microlimit poker. You had a whining thread that got locked, you had a brag thread where you made a bad flop bet-call/calldown against a hyper-agressive player (which also got locked), and you have given inconsistent reasoning trying to justify your plays.

[ QUOTE ]
I got 3 bet by LP so i called to peel one off. that gives you the right to say i suck at micro.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.

[ QUOTE ]
get some friends, acting like a jerkoff on a poker fourm isnt gona help that cause.

i suck at poker, you suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't come to this forum looking for personal validation. I don't need yours and you don't need mine. This is a 'tough love' forum because we are willing to debate things we disagree with. If you had left it at "what's wrong?", you would still have gotten a response. But by firing back with the second post, you show a lack of humility, impatience, short-temperedness, and many other things.

Relax. It's just poker.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:38 PM

4 isn't that many for a pfr%. I call down. I expect to see AA or AK a great majority of the time.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, one thing at a time, I guess...

[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with this hand, you make some comment w/ nothinhg to back it up

whats bad abot the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding TPTK at microlimit poker is almost always a mistake. There are some times to get away from your hand, but a flop 3-bet isn't one of them. Maybe villain has AQ and you're in trouble, drawing to 3 outs. Or maybe villain has AK and you just gave up 5 BB by folding.

AK = 6 hands
AQ = 6 hands
AA = 3 hands
QQ = 3 hands

You win 5.5 BB (at least... depending on what the overcaller does) 6 times and lose 2 BB 12 times. Tell me whether folding is a good play.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus your a total jack ass

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be more slow to anger and more quick to listen. I don't always lay out the long answer because it's worth your time to struggle through it and learn it yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
saying you suck at micro does nothing. Youve looked at maby 5 hands (max) probly just one. And OBVIOUSLY its not how i normaly play or i wouldnt post some average hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen enough information to indicate to me that you suck at microlimit poker. You had a whining thread that got locked, you had a brag thread where you made a bad flop bet-call/calldown against a hyper-agressive player (which also got locked), and you have given inconsistent reasoning trying to justify your plays.

[ QUOTE ]
I got 3 bet by LP so i called to peel one off. that gives you the right to say i suck at micro.

[/ QUOTE ]

See above.

[ QUOTE ]
get some friends, acting like a jerkoff on a poker fourm isnt gona help that cause.

i suck at poker, you suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't come to this forum looking for personal validation. I don't need yours and you don't need mine. This is a 'tough love' forum because we are willing to debate things we disagree with. If you had left it at "what's wrong?", you would still have gotten a response. But by firing back with the second post, you show a lack of humility, impatience, short-temperedness, and many other things.

Relax. It's just poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine. I dont have anything else to say. Im in a bad mood, im down alot of bets just about back to even. I'm posting because im not one to just dissapear after some puts up a retort.

fine.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:11 PM

Next time just disappear.

Regardless of how well you play you have a major issue with your short temper. That would be the thing to work on most. If losing a couple bucks drives you so insane that you snap at someone on an internet board you really need to think about a hobby that isn't going to give you so much grief. I can't remember a thread you have started that hasn't ended with the drama bomb, you have all the earmarks of a troll. Maybe you should check out the psychology forum and see if anything there will help you out.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:14 PM

MP1 has QQ/AQ, call down anyway....
Old 04-29-2007, 02:15 AM

i wouldn't fold this
Old 04-29-2007, 04:09 PM

id never fold this esp with villain descriptions, u chop with the LAP too often to muck and at first I almost said button always has AK or AJs (or a set he doesnt want to lose the LAP with) here but his stats are laughable so im sure he has crap, so hes really just padding the pot, and the Laps af for fr is pretty high for his vpip. Remember we dont need to win here anywhere near half the time for calling down to be better than folding.

Trying to find folds with TPGK will not have a positive effect on ur winrate at any stakes, not folding TP hands when beat and u should fold is unlikely to be one of ur major leaks u should be trying to correct at this point in time most likely.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:11 PM

also assuming ur opponents will play more honestly/ cautiously against u becuz uve been playing solid and showing down good hands is a definite mistake esp at these limits, they are likely total morons and will likely be playing their own two cards and will play them the same way in the same spots vs u as any other villain they play.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:46 PM

What about when the J hits the river and Mp1 leads?
Old 04-29-2007, 05:00 PM

u expect him to lead any river after the line hes taken, the J really changes very little and it is still a VERY VERY trivial call. Sure the J sucks becuz it takes away one hand he mite be overplaying but still.... when u get to the river u call any river becuz ur getting 15 or 16:1 with the overcall which means he only has to have AK 1 in 7 times for ur river call to be +EV and thus the better option rather than folding.

This possibility alone is MUCH MUCH MORE than enough to justify the turn and river calls even if his range is only AK AA QQ and AQ after the flop turn and river here since u'll chop the pot vs this range 6 out of 16 times, far more than 1 out of 7. Not to mention hes not that passive and could have AJ AT A9s here ect at times or who knows KJ.

This is one of those places where if you couldnt reason this out, ur missing alot of the thinking involved in EV calculations, hand reading and combination analysis that are essential tools for success in limit hold em, even at the micro levels.