Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Mindflayer\'s Weightloss Log

To digest food and to absorb the nutrients in it are two different things. I take daily vitamins and a good portion of those are pissed right out.

If size isn't a relationship between the protein you should or can intake, why in the world are we multiplying the amount of protein to take daily by our body weight?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To digest food and to absorb the nutrients in it are two different things. I take daily vitamins and a good portion of those are pissed right out.

If size isn't a relationship between the protein you should or can intake, why in the world are we multiplying the amount of protein to take daily by our body weight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause BMR is based on size and sex, and everyone is able to absorb their protein. Of course eating protein over the course of the day is better than not, but to say something like "You are limited in the amount of protein you can eat in one sitting" is idiotic.

How is it limited? You obviously suggest by size. Does that portend that a fat person can absorb more protein than a skinny person. Well not actually since we typically use LBM to determine BMR and protein recommendations. So is there something inate about LBM that increases your ability to absorb protein.

Think for a second before you post something. Next you'll start talking about PF/PC meal splits.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 AM

Again, I'm just trying to discuss and referring to what I've read & learned. Instead of being a total douchebag you could have tried to teach me about something new instead of using the 2+2 cliched drivel, tool, asinine, jopke, moran, blah blah and attacking me for trying to provide input in what I thought was a forward moving discussion about helping a dude in his weight loss.

[ QUOTE ]
There is no fallacy involved in simply arguing that the assertion made by an authority is true, in contrast to claiming that the authority is infallible in principle and can hence be exempted from criticism

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't I say I was no doctor?!? Get bent!
Old 08-03-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it limited? You obviously suggest by size.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is a limit to what you can process it would be highly depend on your size.

90% of the people I talk to that are serious about their nutrition still say they try to have 40 or so grams of protein per serving unless they are splurging on a protein heavy steak or something similar even though there are mixed views about the subject. Those morans!

Sorry back to the Thremp = all knowing, diss throwing, without showing show. He's da man!!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:45 AM

Guys, this is not a contest of who knows more. I appreciate all your comments and feedback.

[ QUOTE ]
mindflayer,

I assume you've done almost no fitness reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% correct.
I spend 95% of my reading on investing/business and poker.
My only reading on diet and health so far has been the New age makeover..
(how to extend your life by lifestyle changes.. etc.. says 0 trans fats, eat bluberries, almonds, walnuts, fish oil,red wine etc. don't smoke, walk every day, brush your teeth.

My only prior knowledge beforehand is eat less calories than you burn every day to lose weight.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday
Breakfast
Cereal 250cal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your body hasn't had any protein since the last time you ate before bed. You really need to get a protein source in during your first meal.

No milk with the cereal?

[/ QUOTE ]
On the side of the box of cereal it says with 1/2 cup of milk 250 calories 5g protien.
Yes I add 1/2 cup of milk.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"BTW I try to keep the carbs low, because they cause me to have MASSIVE hunger pains (insulin crash) about 2h after I eat them. "

your diet log begs to differ...you have carbs at every meal...and most of them are crap...

and since you are trying to lose fat you should increase protein and fat because you shouldn't be getting many cals from carbs...

[/ QUOTE ]
Today was my last Sunchips day..
If you list the other crap carbs I will drop them too.

Should I also drop whole bread and rice?!?
I have cut down from 8oz rice to 3-4 oz White rice at dinner but my wife might object if I don't eat any at all since I am Asian and she makes it at least 5 times a week.

BTW I went from NO breakfast to 55g raisin bran with 1/2 cup of milk to.. Protien shake.

BTW if you got a recipie for the shake let me know..
I am going to put 1/2 cup ice cream + 1/2 cup milk + 1 scoop protien (whey) powder (18g protien;90 cal/scoop) + handfull of frozen berries and blend.
total 300cal ; 24g protien
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM

I have switched over to protien shake for breakfast and am changing my snacks to pepperoni! Yaaay
I gave it up because I thought it was too high in calories and fat.
My protien intake has boosted by about 30-40g per day, but that is still only 100g so I might still be low. Ill review my total calorie intake and see how i am doing.

===========================
Saturday Aug 4/07
Weight this am
178 lbs
Exercise Thursday and yesterday (friday) none.
Total calorie intake about 1600

====================================
I will give you a detailed diet for your
review and comments when I have time.
(I had an alcholol audit of my bonded warehouse on friday so I was too busy to report)
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM

Friday Aug 10,2007

Weight this am
Exercise 3 times
2h fatburning
20 minutes hard swim
50 minutes cardio

I am only going to post once per week from now on.
I went out and bought cappuccino flavoured whey powder.
Breakfast is now 125ml milk + water and crushed ice blended with PP.
Hard boiled eggs are now on the menu as is pepperoni for snacks.
I also bought oat meal (slow cook type.) tasts awful and has high carbs 20g in a 30g serving, but is very high in fibre. I am trying this + pepperoni as my after workout food.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:41 PM

Tuesday Sept 4, 07

Weight this am. 173

My routine is 4 meals/day
3+ snack

breakfast is protien shake.
and late night snack is oatmeal.
Lunch and dinner are the same except
that I up the protien intake and cut the carbs.
ie extra beef, 1/4 rice. etc.

did a bodyfat comp again last week, it says 19% body fat.