Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Alain Silberstein

[ QUOTE ]
Ahh good thing I don't care what watch enthusiasts think [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] As far as the quality of a Cartier watch what specifically do you not like about them? Again, I am far from a watch expert, just curious to what is not right with them other than they are made by a jeweller. The black IWC Portuguese is really nice but double my price range. Given the watches I posted, what watch would you recommend in the 5k range?

[/ QUOTE ]

IWC makes many nice watches in the $5 range including the Ingenieur, which I think is awesome.

The Glashutte Original Senator chronograph looks kinda similar to the IWC Portuguese and is less than 5k. Beautiful watches for the price.

You can also get a few Jaeger LeCoultre master compressors in that range.

I'd just go to one of the major online watch sellers (like The Luxury Bazaar) and rummage around until you see something you like.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM

Golden IP, how do you feel about watches with brown leather bands? I often wear brown leather shoes/belt at work and therefore feel that I should match accordingly with the watch. Any thoughts?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM

thanks for the input. I'll be back after I check out some of those watches you mentioned. On a side note, what are the most well known/reputable online watch stores?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the input. I'll be back after I check out some of those watches you mentioned. On a side note, what are the most well known/reputable online watch stores?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure I would buy a watch online unless they were an authorized dealer of the brand I was considering. I just use them as shopping guides to help me figure out the models and approximate prices I am going to deal with.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:56 PM

goldenip, we seem to have the same tastes in watches....

what would you pick under the following circumstances
1) white dial
2) automatic movement
3) chrono
4) >40mm
5) <6k

I was thinking breitling, maybe zenith but wanted to see what you would come up with