Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Why I\'m no longer playing on Eurobet

Cliff notes at the bottom for the TLDR crowd.

A week ago, in the evening New Zealand time, a number of sites went down simultaneously, stars and full tilt were affected I believe, and so was Eurobet, a pokerroom skin.

At the time of the problem, I was entered in both the
$108 and $54 Aussie Daily tournaments. I got disconnected from both, and couldn't reconnect to the server for a couple of hours, despite repeated attempts. I basically gave up eventually, and stopped trying.

Finally, some time after 1 am, about 3 hours after the first of the tournaments had started, and roughly 2 hours since I could log back in, I was able to reconnect. I hadn't tried again for a while, and discovered it the tournaments had restarted, and I'd been blinded out of both. The $108 was now in the 150/300 blind level (as it should be after 90 min of play, not 3 hours), and roughly 2/3 fo the remaining players were sitting out.

Due to a bad beat, I'd only lost a small stack in the $54, but when I got disconnected from the $108 I had a better than starting stack, and a bit of equity worth pursuing.

So I sent a message to eurobet, asking about some compensation, as through no fault of my own I'd lost my buyins...

So I sent this message
[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

when your server went down earlier tonight, I was in both the $54 and $108 Aussie Daily. I checked repeatedly to try and reconnect. I finally got back in just now, to see i'm no longer in either tournament, presumably I've been blinded out. Is there any compenstation coming from this?

thanks
xxxx

[/ QUOTE ]

then went to bed. I got this reply the next morning.

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr xxxx,

I would like to inform you that our poker department responded to your query and after examining these tournaments they confirmed that there was not a problem with the server as all the other players continued playing normally and finished the tournament.

In this case please refer to our terms and conditions at www.eurobet.com<Help<account<Terms and conditions<poker<Tournaments.

If you require any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact either myself or the customer services team again and we will be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Lucas
Eurobet customer services.

[/ QUOTE ]

Short of them telling myself to go [censored] myself, thats about the worst possible reply I could have gotten. Theres little I hate more than getting bs'ed.

My reply

[ QUOTE ]

So to clarify, the position of the poker department is that there was no problem with the server at all and I was the only player that had any issues?

So I was imagining it when 3.5 hours after the tournament started, they were still in 150/300 blind level, and 2/3 of the remaining players were sitting out getting blinded out?

Please don't insult my intelligence

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a little emotive, but I was genuinely pissed.

Their response.

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your message.

I can confirm that this is the reply we have received from Poker. I am sorry if this is not the reply you were hoping for.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact either myself or the Eurobet Customer Services team.

Kind regards
Nelson
Eurobet Customer Services

[/ QUOTE ]

So they stuck to their bs story.

I immediately withdrew the funds I had on the site, which took a little while, but have come through, it was a lot less than I have kept on the site in the past, around $1500.

I've just sent them one last message

[ QUOTE ]

Due to the extremely disrespectful nature of the reply from the poker department, I've withdrawn all of my funds from eurobet, and don't intend on redepositing.

In addition, I'll be posting on twoplustwo.com about the blatant and transparent lie I received in response to my query.

I've raked in excess of $4000 in the last year, and I seriously doubt a site that has lost such a large chunk of its player base can afford to insult its remaining player base in this manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

So heres the promised post. Not a lot more to say other than I won't be playing there again. The point really isn't the lack of compensation, just the pure bs that they responded with.

If I hear back from them I'll update the thread.

Cliff notes: Get disconnected due to a server problem, then get blatant lies as a response. Withdraw funds in response
Old 03-21-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Why I\'m no longer playing on Eurobet

Sounds like an interesting case for the OnGame ombudsman. I play a lot on the OnGame network myself, I'd be really interested to hear their side of the story here...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 AM

Are you saying, if somewhere in the world Internet highways are down, pokersites are responsible?
So far I know Verizons was down on this day.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:55 AM

My internet was working, the pokersites servers weren't. If my money is lost due to their servers crashing, yes I think they're responsible.

Anyway, thats really not the point, if they had replied with "its not our policy to compensate due to server outages", I'd still be playing there.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:59 AM

I remember the night as most of the internet sites were down. PokerSiteScout said that the whole of Kahnawake was down.

Technically this is not a server problem so they are correct. But I think the sites need to be somewhat responsible if 2/3 of a tourney cannot connect and perhaps postpone it or stop it early.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Technically this is not a server problem so they are correct. But I think the sites need to be somewhat responsible if 2/3 of a tourney cannot connect and perhaps postpone it or stop it early.

[/ QUOTE ]
If OP is correct in his 3 hour estimate, this is obviously way longer than anyone can reasonably expect to have to wait for the tourney to restart. I'd say half an hour max would be a customer's responsibility, anything beyond that and the site needs to pay out according to their TOS.