Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 04:27 PM

Default 100NL Weird spot with lots of cards that might be good.

do i just push the turn? I feel like I should have just checked the turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($53)
BB ($100)
UTG ($99.90)
Hero ($101.45)
MP1 ($95.75)
MP2 ($115.90)
CO ($74.45)
Button ($88.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $22</font>, Hero calls $13.

River: ($54) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $22</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $76
Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: 100NL Weird spot with lots of cards that might be good.

Preflop I don't like. Im either raising or folding, even if you have a read that the table is very loose passive and lots of people will limp behind you, im still not in love w/ open limping JTs here.

Flop, yea whatever.

Turn is close, between checking and betting. I personally lean towards a check, because, we could be behind AJ-QJ and if we do hit on the river (:diamond) we have a great chance to raise villains, likely river value bet.

Also, if we do bet and get c/r'd it puts in a very tough spot, because of there not being a raise PF and villain being unkown and in the BB on top of that it is very hard to narrow down his range and figure out the correct turn action. Villain can have a wide range of 2pair hands here, as well as two possible made straights (T9, 96), not to mention 77, 88, and least likely but still possible 55. And again since he is unknown, we really don't know if we can 3bet shove and have him fold AJ-QJ.

So, with that said, after we bet the turn and get c/r'd, I thi 3betting all in is a horrible choice, and I like the fact that you just called.

As played, the river is a fold. If we assume that we check behind on the turn and then 8h still comes on the river, I think its again close whether to call or fold. I mean we are likely going to be facing, a $8ish bet on the river and its likely he has a better J, however, since he is unkown and out of the BB and we would not have seen him show any agression towards the pot up until now, especailly given the fact that we checked the turn, I think we would have to pay it off. But i certainly could see folding.

And to add, if we just call his turn c/r and the river comes out a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] that pairs the board, I think we should just call a river bet from villain.

What I find curious is how would you guys handle a T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river. Assuming two seperate scenarios; (1) we check behind turn and villain bets $8 into $10 pot on river, and (2) We call villains turn c/r, nd villain bets 3/4 pot into us on river.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: 100NL Weird spot with lots of cards that might be good.

I think I would probably fold a 3/4 pot with the Ts. With an 9, are we calling any bet here?