Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Sandwiched with KK

CO is at 22/10 over about 100 hands and SB is 20/2 over about 30 hands. Neither player has done anything worth noting yet.

No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $202.00
Hero (BB): $1,024.00
UTG: $360.00
MP: $234.10
CO: $580.00
BTN: $101.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $4.00, MP folds, CO calls $4.00, BTN folds, SB calls $2.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, UTG calls $16.00, CO calls $16.00, SB calls $16.00

Flop: ($80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $60.00</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $60.00, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $182.00</font>, Hero...

Is this an easy decision?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Sandwiched with KK

Very tough, I think SB has 9 10 or a set a lot here. Its a fold that you should make but I usually end up calling.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:20 PM

I'd fold. The fact that sb made the type of checkraise that traps dead money in the pot implies he wants a call, and if he wants a call then he has you beat. Is conceivable that he has an OESD and is making a play at a good sized pot with lots of outs, but in this spot you're either way behind or just a little ahead so I'd let it go.

sucky spot though, and the $$ is right in that tough decision spot.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 AM

I don't know anything about how the 2/4 plays, but I will say that SB is in that short-stack area where his plays are very hard to interpret. So while I agree with Guruman that the action alone makes his hand look like a monster (if we disregard stack sizes), when we factor in that SB's "trappy" flop checkraise is also basically a shorty push, I think it becomes harder to know what to make of it.

Anyway, in terms of immediate odds, we're getting over 3:1, and SB can't bet any more, so I'd have a hard time folding. I kind of want to come over the top of SB's checkraise, actually, but I will admit that all this accomplishes is hand protection vs. CO, and it would suck if CO happened to be sandbagging a monster. So I think I would call. But maybe a push is in fact better if we're playing? I will say that I'm not fond of this spot.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:43 AM

def call the flop cr. if the co reraises you can dump.

if the co calls the turn is pretty tricky (edit: and i dont know what im talking about)

still def call flop.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 AM

Isn't 20/2 basically set miner stats? What is his aggression? It seems like there is too much money in here to fold now though.