Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Questionable line

Reads on UTG were 13/7. He seemed to be very predictable, did see him bluff on the river w/ a wiffed draw. He had a hard time letting go top pair type hands also.

BB was a classic calling station 55/6, AF 0.7.

I could easily define UTG's range but having the BB in it I was a little uneasy with my weak flush. Looking now my turn raise seems a little small. Probably some wrong thoughts of raise/folding going on in my head. Feedback on all streets please.

PokerStars $0.10/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $30.25
UTG: $29.80
MP: $27.10
CO: $24.50
Button: $25.00
SB: $14.05

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $1, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $3.60</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $5.40.

River: ($25.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

Final Pot: $37.60
Old 09-11-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Questionable line

[ QUOTE ]
I was a little uneasy with my weak flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like reason enough to not play 32s. As I'm learning NL, I've decided to play real tight PF so as to not face those situations. Do those of you who play well routinely call minraises PF with hands like 32?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:22 AM

There is no way I play this, and it's not a minraise it's 4BB!

No high card strength, only 1 straight and the nut low flush.

Playing this is suicide IMO.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Actually you played this hand like a calling station yourself. I especially don't like the turn raise -- what's going to call you? I also don't like the river call. Your'e getting very good odds, but the only hand you beat here is a bluff. I doubt you'll win here even 20%.

I would fold this hand PF; I agree 32s is not a good hand virtually ever unless you're simply running over the table and you realize you're mostly stealing. However, I would often play 54s.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:24 PM

Get it all in on river. Your read is he is tight and almost all the high hearts are out there. He has 2 pair, set, or str8 and thinks its the nutz. Your way ahead here.

Fold preflop for reasons stated above. With only being 100 BB deep it is best to not play with such a weak hand.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:06 PM

On the river I am ahead of his range but his bet threw me. Obviously the A gave him something he felt was the best hand and I should shove.

I agree that 23s is pretty horrible in this spot but since no one was 3 betting I felt almost any suited connector was worth a call against this guy. The only flush I seem him having is AJ and I dont even think thats in his range.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 PM

River looks like a blocking bet--maybe AK or AQ that he now thinks is too strong to fold, might get a call from a weaker hand, but can't call a pot-sized river bet. Pushing over it is probably right. No way he doesn't 3-bet the turn or bet more on river if he has the flush himself.

As far as preflop, I'll only play 32s from the button against very bad opponents, if everything else is right. Like, a raise+2 calls, or 2 limpers, plus little chance of SB/BB squeezing.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that 23s is pretty horrible in this spot but since no one was 3 betting I felt almost any suited connector was worth a call against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. You don't have a suited connector. You have a suited 2 gapper. 23s only makes 2 straights, the same amount as 25s. Either way, it's not profitable to play this hand.

Raise more on the turn. You let him draw cheaply if he had a bare Ah.

Jam the river for reasons you've already figured out.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He had a hard time letting go top pair type hands also.

[/ QUOTE ]

This combined with the AKQxx board makes this a pretty easy shove, IMO.