Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

if your a professional bonus whore, what do you do when you run out of sites to whore? :-\

also, is this a good idea for a breakeven 25NL player who is having real problems upping his winrate?

<font color="blue">Go to other sites? In the US its hard. For the 25nl player, its good to have a healthy roll so you will no worry as much </font>
Old 10-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Thanks for this thread.

I'm a short ring limit player who just switched to NL for the first time. I won at 2/4 short until Sept of this year. I needed a change. I've beaten 10nl for about 25 buy-ins and I'm just starting to play 25nl. I'm a part time player and I'm having a hard time figuring what my clearance rate will be for short ring 25nl? If I play 2 tables is it even close to 1/2 limit? I expect to win more at NL but I wonder if I'll clear so little in rake that I'll have a hard time whoring?

Thoughts on the comparison?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 PM

What's the differences in degree of dificulty in levels (In general and at Stars)? And by that I mean, if you'd consider 50NL a 10 out of 10 in toughness, is 25NL a 10 (same game just twice the price) or is it a 2 (a joke of a level to 50NLers)

(I know this is kind of a hard q to answer, but any help would be good)

<font color="orange">When I played micros, 25nl and 50nl were the same. there were relatively few comparisons. these days, i'm sure there is somewhat of a gap. i think that the first real gap is 50nl -&gt; 100nl though. </font>
Old 10-26-2007, 11:38 PM

What does LDO mean?

Also, what is a good hand sample size to have before taking a look at my PT stats (to check for leaks)?

<font color="orange">look above- ldo= like duh obv

you probably need like 30k hands+ to determine a good sample size, probably even more. </font>
Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 AM

What do the symbols [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] next to certain threads in the forum mean?

<font color="blue">Usually nothing. There are symbols, most are too lazy/apathetic to change from the default </font>
Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 AM

whats the difference between a cold call a flat call and a smooth call please

<font color="blue">I believe it has to do with the number of callers. A cold call is calling more than one raise, a flat call is calling a raise, both PF. I think a smooth call is calling one bet PF. But this distinction is arbitrary. </font>
Old 10-28-2007, 03:45 PM

I've been trolling around BBV/BBV4Life/OOT/ and the other NL forums, and I've been wondering this so I guess this is as good a place as any to ask...

Who is Grimstar(sp?)? Why is he famous/infamous? What does being Grimstarred mean? I gather he is a HSNL poster, but what did he do?

<font color="blue">Grimstarr is a pimply faced kid that had a meteoric rise from a SSNL grinder to a HSNL player in like 6 months. He tries to get attention a lot. To be Grimmed means to back out on a flip </font>
Old 10-28-2007, 07:40 PM

When people talk about buddy lists (ie people they follow to a table to take their monies), do they use some inherent software feature of the site to automatically tell them where their buddies are? Or have a list in word say, and just use the normal search feature (seems time consuming)? Or perhaps there's some software to find people automatically to save time?

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:36 AM

how do i post a hand in the forums

<font color="orange">check above, this Q has been answered. </font>
Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 AM

If a player has a subscription to cardrunners but has limited online poker experience and starts with 100$ on a poker site, would it be reasonable to start at .05/.1 or should this player start at .01/.02?

I feel like the concepts taught in cardrunners don't apply much at all to the 1c/2c games and that learning the game would be far better at a slightly higher stake such as .05/.1.
Closed Thread