Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 07:50 PM

Default My Neighbors have Stolen my Cat.

Hey all,

I've had a cat since he was a little tiny kitten. He turned up on my door and I fed him and he stayed with me. His name is Scratch and he's a dude.

Last year I moved house and I brought Scratch with me. I have some neighbors who are these two old spinster sisters. They're very kind, and we get on well which is important. A couple of months ago their little poodle died, (I hate poodles), and they were very sad. One day one of the sisters asked me if I'd mind if they sometimes gave food to my cat. I said sure, what the hell.

Fast track to yesterday when I walk out onto my balcony and have a conversation with my neighbors where they happily tell me that my cat is now sleeping in their house.

WTF????? I'm not too pleased about this. Now normally I'd just tell them to stop doing it but;

1. Neighbors are important to get along with in a small mountain village in Italy.

2. They regularly give me home baked cakes of the most delicious variety. I particularly like their cherry pie. I don't want to risk losing this.

So how do I go about the delicate task of getting my cat back?

ps, there are no ninjas involved here.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: My Neighbors have Stolen my Cat.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Neighbors are important to get along with in a small mountain village in Italy.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's the case, then you should avoid doing things that would piss of your neighbors like...stealing their cat.

Scorched earth policy: kill the cat.

Is the cat voluntarily sleeping in the house, or are they keeping it indoors on purpose?

Edit: I'll just get it out of the way for everyone -- no one owns a kat haw haw haw

I was so excited to make a ninja related post... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I kind of did this to my neighbors. If your cat is free to roam outside it's ultimately going to be up to the cat where it sleeps.

EDIT: I own two cats.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 PM

Get a confederate from your bar. Have them pretend to break into the spinster house drunkenly, while you confront them loudly and chase them off. Decline offers of sex, but demand pussy. Victory!

In terms of more serious ideas, find them a different cat at a shelter and give it to them.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 PM

Is your cat an outdoor cat (presumably)? One of my cats likes to frequently spend the nights outside. He often wanders into the neighbors house, hangs out with them and sometimes spends the night there. I don't consider them stealing him. Now if it got to be an every night occurance, I'd worry, but if it is only once a week, I'd be fine with it.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's the case, then you should avoid doing things that would piss of your neighbors like...stealing their cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm the foreigner so I have to get along with them, if you know what I mean.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Well the thing with animals is they are always the most loyal to whoever feeds them. You probably need to go talk to the neighbors and explain that the cat is yours and you want to be the only one taking care of it. If they want their own cat they should go to an animal shelter and adopt one. As long as you are nice about it and explain why you feel the way you do I don't think they would take offense.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the foreigner so I have to get along with them, if you know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really get this but I'm sure you're not making it up. But it's kind of weird to me that they can just take stuff from you, tell you about it, and because you're the noob you just have to grin and bear it. Strange place.