Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: August\'s Baseball & Swimming Thread

Next week we're moving into our new building. Got to finally tour the place today. Here is the most impostant part of my new office:

<insert tears of joy here>

Some other shots from the new building:

Giant student common area:

Cool shot of the bowels:

Old 08-03-2007, 05:28 PM

Grats on window! Very nice student area, especially if there's any air flow in the place. Could get really hot and stuffy otherwise, with all that sun coming in.

Is your window the type that can open? If so, you'll live like a god compared to the rest of us indoor workers. I hate that you can't even open windows any more in public buildings.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:33 PM

I'm pretty sure the window doesn't open. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Ah well.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's truly ridiculous. Even maintaining 100 hands/table-hr, you're looking at 250 hours of doing this in a month? 8.3 hrs/day, every single day, including weekends? Good luck, dude. You will need it. Stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday, I did 4k. I am planning to play about 11 hours a day, six days a week, probably taking Monday off or something.

I will be starting off small, and work my way up and up, my wr is >3.

I could post weekly graphs, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to run a poker blog thread in here, I'd allow it. T-God seems to have abandoned his, so if you want to carry the flag, it's all you.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM

Borodog, are you a teacher? What kind of school is this? Very nice indeed, I can't imagine USC this nice.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 PM

pine/pineal/softlightflow.

You'll be fine, brah.

Got a few projects going.

Found a decent peasant wine, I guess it's not really peasant after all now is it.

It's a Dragani '06, a d'abruzzo. Good wine.

Take it easy, I'll check back in thru the month. GL with ventures, all.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borodog, are you a teacher? What kind of school is this? Very nice indeed, I can't imagine USC this nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I lecture in physics.

Change of subject:

So I just saw The Bourne Ultimatum.

Are we not done with the completely distracting artificial "realism" of overly tight close-ups and the intentionally jerky camera yet? This has NEVER worked, it has ALWAYS sucked. It does the exact opposite of what it is supposed to do. It's supposed to make the shots seem more "gritty" and "real", but all it does is remind me that I am watching through the eyes of a camera, and a badly operated one at that, rather than my own eyes. Hint: WHEN I LOOK AT THINGS MY HEAD DOESN"T SHAKE AND JERK UNCONTROLLABLY NOR DO I SHOVE MY FACE INTO PEOPLE'S FACES WHILE THEY ARE TALKING.

Sweet crying baby Jeebus this annoys the [censored] out of me.

/rant
Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 PM

Borodog,

As much as I enjoy hating on you, that's a sweet, sweet setup you got going.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:36 PM

I /rant on that one quite a bit and agree totally. And I wish a lot more people would, so this crap would finally be exhausted as a style choice. I HATE this style, think it's unbelievably cliched, and that it's a very lazy way to pretend to have style or tension where you don't have any. Perfectly good shots and sequences are ruined by this crap all the time. This style seems to have become almost mandatory these days; you see it everywhere.

It's even worse when the crash zooms and shakiness pretentiously are on the non-sequitur of a shot of a sunlit empty window, a staircase with nobody in it, or blank wall, as if something profound were being done or said. Talk about full of sh*t!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I /rant on that one quite a bit and agree totally. And I wish a lot more people would, so this crap would finally be exhausted as a style choice. I HATE this style, think it's unbelievably cliched, and that it's a very lazy way to pretend to have style or tension where you don't have any. Perfectly good shots and sequences are ruined by this crap all the time. This style seems to have become almost mandatory these days; you see it everywhere.

It's even worse when the crash zooms and shakiness pretentiously are on the non-sequitur of a shot of a sunlit empty window, a staircase with nobody in it, or blank wall, as if something profound were being done or said. Talk about full of sh*t!

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY. If you see the movie, WATCH FOR THE COFFEE CUP. Perfect example of pretentious pseudo-profundity.
Closed Thread