Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 200/400 hand vs. sbrubgy 6 handed

[ QUOTE ]
High stakes pros bluff. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]
best advice in this thread so far. glad i waded through the crap to get to this golden post. ty, sir.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would follow the usual mindset that "everyone always has it" here and fold.

I think you still need to c bet this flop a good amount of the time. A solid player isn't calling in the sb there with a ton of suited connectors, and in my experience from watching his videos and playing him, Aba is semi strict about not playing these suited connectors OOP. So its not like he connects with this flop more often than you do; I definitely like a c bet with air.

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't spent much time railbirding him but if this assessment is true then this post seems right on. Bottom line, this flop is scarier for him then it is for you.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM

I haven't read anything in this thread, but it's a terrible call because sbrugby is obviously not bluffing enough in this spot with overbets like that to make it +EV. Easy fold, pure math.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I saw results, wow vnh !! It make perfect sense for Aba to over bet. There's an other reason for that bet, not only it look like "it want to fold him so he'll see that as a bluff and call with a K", but it protect him from being bluff !! say he bets 2/3 and WL pushes... he's in a tough spot...

[/ QUOTE ]

phil are you on crack?

i ask this because i think you're a pretty sick player and that last statement blew my mind...

or maybe it was a joke. i dont even know anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

How so ?? It was not a joke, if aba bets 10k or so on the river and WL push 30k more, how isn't that a tough call ?? but if aba bets 30k and WL goes AI for 10k more, that would be an easy fold no ?? Explain me what you mean I don't realy get the blew my mind
Old 04-29-2007, 03:17 PM

phil

he means, if aba is value betting 30k, he already thinks he has the best hand. so if he bets 10k instead, he will gladly call the allin because he will have induced the raise.

i think ..
Old 04-29-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would follow the usual mindset that "everyone always has it" here and fold.

I think you still need to c bet this flop a good amount of the time. A solid player isn't calling in the sb there with a ton of suited connectors, and in my experience from watching his videos and playing him, Aba is semi strict about not playing these suited connectors OOP. So its not like he connects with this flop more often than you do; I definitely like a c bet with air.

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff -

I don't play a lot of NL but I tend think that when a solid player calls me in the SB his range includes a lot of small pairs and some small suited aces.

So I feel like he will like a low flop reasonably often.

It seems like you think Aba's range consists more of suited broadway hands? Aren't those hands kind of combinatorically rare compared to small pairs?

Just curious as I have never had a good handle on solid cold-caller distributions.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:48 PM

A few things:

1)the 1 c/r turn, overbet example aba gave, the flush came on the river, so it was a much better spot to overbet bluff. The non scary river card on this example lowers the chance he's bluffing.

2) Its also important to know Abas calling range. As AJeff noted, Aba is semi strict about not playing these suited connectors and weak suited aces OOP.

3) Aba is obviously capable of using this line as a bluff a lot, but the simple fact is he almost most likely never uses this line as a bluff and that has to be considered when putting him on hand ranges on the turn and river.
Its clear he ocassionaly overbets, but not nearly as much as Prahlad.

4)I really like the line Aba took.

a) by not reraising pf he didn't give the value away for his hand and allowed whitelime to stay in with an inferior kj that would have probably folded to a rr

b) he exponentialized the pot with the c/r the turn and made himself an extra ~ $35,000

Risky move but a good one for a variety of reasons but my post is long enough.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:07 PM

Bld or someone else who gets this,
I understand why 30k is better than 20k here. Why is 30k better than a shove (~40k looks like)?

If aba had 100k behind on the river, what bet size is best and why?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:08 AM

nice post blds
Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1)the 1 c/r turn, overbet example aba gave, the flush came on the river, so it was a much better spot to overbet bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

*** RIVER *** [8d Qd 7s 2c] [4c]

The 56 got there, though.