Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Ask PITTM: Headphones, basketball, smoking weed.

those are my areas of expertise. i have over 1k in headphone amplifiers/headphones on my desk and have over 10k mp3s. ive played high level basketball since 5th grade and ive smoked weed pretty much everyday for the past 3 years(except for the last 2 days, i quit 2 days ago). i feel like i could answer any concerns in these areas quickly and accurately, so fire away <3.

rj
Old 03-24-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Ask PITTM: Headphones, basketball, smoking weed.

I want small, compact, but good quality headphones for my iPod that are not earbuds. I also want to spend under $30 for them. Is this possible? If so, where can I go (online or live) to purchase them for the best deal?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
those are my areas of expertise. i have over 1k in headphone amplifiers/headphones on my desk and have over 10k mp3s. ive played high level basketball since 5th grade and ive smoked weed pretty much everyday for the past 3 years(except for the last 2 days, i quit 2 days ago). i feel like i could answer any concerns in these areas quickly and accurately, so fire away <3.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also a fan of headphones and headphone amplifiers. However, I always have a hard time explaining what a headphone amp does when my friends ask. How do you explain a headphone amp's utility?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want small, compact, but good quality headphones for my iPod that are not earbuds. I also want to spend under $30 for them. Is this possible? If so, where can I go (online or live) to purchase them for the best deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Koss KSC-75 are exactly what you want. they are available from www.headphone.com.
(i recommended these to eurotrash and he digs them)

if not, i recommend the AKG K24 P, also available from the site above. both are fantastic cans for the price, while one has a headband and the other doesnt. depends on preference.

rj

EDIT: http://www.headphone.com/products/he...ser-hd-201.php

those are amazing headphones if you want full sized closed phones for the price.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also a fan of headphones and headphone amplifiers. However, I always have a hard time explaining what a headphone amp does when my friends ask. How do you explain a headphone amp's utility?

[/ QUOTE ]

i tell them that much in the same way that my marantz speaker amp sounds better than their computer speakers, my headphone amp makes my headphones sound better than being played out of an ipod. an amplifier adds depth to the highs and lows of the music, it also makes it sound louder and fuller. i think the biggest difference is in the clearness of the highs and the deepness of the lows however. gl with the explanation! <3

rj
Old 03-25-2006, 12:20 AM

I second my recommendation for the KSC-75s. They sound fantastic for the price. They may look like crap, but I was really pleasantly surprised by the tightness and clarity of the bass when compared to the stock iPod earphones that suck hard.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:31 AM

Why did you quit pot?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:35 AM

i dont plan on doing it perm. its a scaling back of sorts. one of my best pieces of advice about smoking weed is that one should not do it too often. tolerance is a very good thing. i want that back. <3

rj
Old 03-25-2006, 12:44 AM

What advice can you give re: smoking others out? What should one say to a friend who you think is a mooch?
Old 03-25-2006, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What advice can you give re: smoking others out? What should one say to a friend who you think is a mooch?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would smoke them out. most of my childhood friends are incredibly poor and i end up smoking them out a lot. when they have money, they get weed, but they usually dont and i end up smoking people out. ive always enjoyed doing things like that. however, my only friend who has money(got it from an insurance settlement from his grandpa dying) is more of a stoner than me and frequently works out a way to not have weed. i usually just dont smoke if he is there and does that because it annoys me a lot.

rj