Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 PM

Default .25-.50 PL Live - Combo Draw

.25-.50 PL Hold em, live, at someone's house. Actually a fairly idiotic game in which the buy in's for this game are capped at $20. (I realize this is terrible and obviously makes for bad poker. I usually play in clubs where buy ins are standard, this game is more for fun, as I went in expecting to see stupidity).

Not too long into the cash game, pickup Kh7h in MP. After a couple of limps, I limp (bad), and we get to a flop 6 way limped.

$3.
8x-5h-4h. Villain 1 leads out for pot from the BB. Folded to me, I call (raise here?). Villain 2 to my immediate left pops it to $14. Villain 1 quickly coldcalls $14. Hero .... ? Forgive lack of HH but I have something like $18 behind at this point.

Villain 1 is actually my g/f. I taught her to play, she is pretty tight and ABC. She doesn't overvalue hands or get out of line. She has led out with draws in the past.

Villain 2 is another club player of whom I have a good impression. Seems like a knowledgable player. I don't a read that this is a move or overplay of a marginal hand.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Combo Draw

I'd shove. I'd say Villan 1 has a flush draw too, but it could easily be a Q high flush. Villan 2 probaly has a set, two pair or a made straight.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:31 PM

Is it incredibly wise to be shoving if I attach a range that includes flopped straights for one player, and heart draws for the other? I'd be going to showdown needing to improve, while my outs on both ends are cannibalized.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:12 PM

What ranges would you attach? My range gives you a 28% chance too win according to PS which is just under 3/1 for 2 cards so i'd be happy enough to ship it here.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:22 AM

My g/f's range includes sets, two pairs, and any combo draws (there are obviously not many of these left, you can include 8hxh). Villain 2 IMO HAS to have a set or the nuts, I can't imagine what's left in the deck for him to pot into both of us except Ah6h.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: .25-.50 PL Live - Combo Draw

LOL, yeah I know our structure is fairly idiotic.. okay it's more than fairly..

I really should make this game .10/.25 for the buy-in amount but, the guys insist on .25/.50 but, please understand that I have two newbies (my wife and daves g/f and two unemployed guys dave and jimmy).

I'm trying to protect the players and keep them happy at the same time. It's tough to do!

I wanted to play .25/.50 limit originally last year when we started but, no one likes it.

After a few people re-buy a couple times, the stacks get more to where they should be.

I think the tourney structure is even sillier but, it serves its purpose.

As for the hand in question.. I dont remember it (maybe I was minding the kids), how did it play out?

I do remember the Axh hand, you should post that one if you remember the details... that was a toughie.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: .25-.50 PL Live - Combo Draw

No knock on your game, we'd come play again for the fun of it, it's just tough to play for 40 BB's. Any pots that is raised pre and bet on the flop leaves you committed by the river. Idiotic may ben an unfair word. As far as the hand, I believe you were in the other room when this happened.