Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: $11 Rebuy - Committed Call?

[ QUOTE ]
You bunch of donkeys, how can we realistically give any sound advice without knowing where we are in the tournament? How close is the bubble, how many people left, how steep are the payouts, etc etc, this kinda info can swing this from an always fold to an always call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much of a tournament player, eh?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You bunch of donkeys, how can we realistically give any sound advice without knowing where we are in the tournament? How close is the bubble, how many people left, how steep are the payouts, etc etc, this kinda info can swing this from an always fold to an always call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. At least I'm a proven winner at this game. Have fun making your risk of ruin calculations, please keep me informed.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:22 AM

If you fold you're in ok shape to make the money (assuming you're loose and aggressive enough in future spots), and can even have a good stab at a final table finish, depending on how good the rest of the table is. In light of villain having a big pair here 80% of the time I think this is close to an always fold. Calling and losing, which you would expect to do probably 70% of the time, is disastrous for you as you are pretty much out of the running to make the money. Calling and winning really isn't that great, you're not even big stack on this table and only 1/6 of the people that you need gone.

I really don't like hands like this anyway. 7889ds is a different story, but I'm folding this preflop ~ 90% of the time.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. At least I'm a proven winner at this game. Have fun making your risk of ruin calculations, please keep me informed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. Down boy!
Play nicely now Wazz.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are more of a proven winner than Harrington and Chen because it is their ideas that you don't understand. How many braclets you got? How many books have you written that deal with tournament strategy?

Of course the OP was correct...you aren't going to get good tourney advice here, instead you'll get Wazz's kind of novice amusements. Nothing like a idiot savant cash game player with a huge chip on his shoulder.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 AM

I come here to get away from the retards on the tables. See you guys all later
Old 03-24-2007, 11:50 AM

lol, donkaments
Old 03-25-2007, 02:39 AM

Sorry late getting back to this one.

I tanked for most of my time bank and eventually called based on price and goals of winning the tournament. Was getting over 2-1 as stated and if I fold I'm reduced to an M of less than 8 and in shove or fold mode anyway.

Opponent showed KK98 double suited, unfortunately diamonds/spades. I lucked out and flopped the nuts T96, and held by the river. Wound up going on a mini-card rush after that, and ended up 4th.