Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-25-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Remembered a maybe interesting hand 75/150 live

[ QUOTE ]
"will Howmany never fold to DD here, I dunno."

you sure you dont know that? cmon now you could probably make an educated guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted this has something to do with the strength of Sean's hand but the answer, IMO, is "no he wont fold QQ" here.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only hands that beats you are JJ & 99 unless he would 3-ball with KhQh/AxJh (both unlikely unless your playing short and/or spazzy). I raise it up hoping he holds KhKx or QhQx.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry i almost died of laughter when i read this. dd is raising like 64s here when crazy mike limps. my 3betting range is very wide.

btw flop was TT8 with two hearts
Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM

I'd call down.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I like checkraise the river unless it's an ace, jack, or heart. If it's those donk-3bet.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when sean called the flop i knew he had an overpair and was raising the turn. you should 3 bet the turn and im assuming that was your plan when you called the turn. c/r all rivered hearts. bet fold the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did this. I just said "this will be fun" and 3 bet the turn and Sean folded right away thinking he was drawing dead. Funny enough he had an open ender (J9 because the real flop was TT8 apparently) so I'm glad he folded. Then I showed him my hand after saying "you couldn't guess this hand in 50 guesses" because I wanted to talk with him more about the preflop and then he was sad he folded. Finally, I got 3 bet by J9s so I'm thinking TT's range is a bit snug [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-26-2007, 06:13 PM

Sean, can you tell me why you decided to raise/fold an OESD on the turn? It seems like the worst possible line given your flop play. I think only if you can put DD on a boat when he plays the turn like this can you entertain raise/folding, but since clearly DD can call/reraise the turn with an overpair (and you should know he can do this), it just doesn't make sense.

I understand that you have some fold equity from Crazy Mike, but with DD in the hand I don't see the value in the raise in that he's never folding a hand he calls the turn with (with you to act behind him). If you want to represent a T, just 3-bet the flop and then see how the turn action develops before you decide to turn your hand into a total bluff instead of a semi-bluff.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:18 PM

seemed pretty reasonable i was drawing dead considering i am repping a flush here mostly i thought or at least trips. my mistake was not taking into consideration that we both knew crazy mike's hands very likely sucked bc when i was raising i was expecting them both to fold a solid amount of the time.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I got 3 bet by J9s so I'm thinking TT's range is a bit snug [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
(both unlikely unless your playing short and/or spazzy)

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG understatement of the year! nh, nh.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM

PJ, I didn't cap preflop so its pretty tough to give me an overpair here. As I said up until this hand Sean would be right in never giving me TT+ here. Given all that my hand is either way weak, or when I call/3 bet the turn, way strong, way stronger than an overpair in his eyes.

-DeathDonkey