Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 AM

Default TT in reraised pot

10 Handed 1/2 NL.
Stack sizes:
Hero: $250
Villain: Covers

Folds to Hero in CO, Hero raises to $12, Button calls, SB raises to $30, BB folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

Flop 974 rainbow.

BB bets $50, Hero folds.

The PF reraise made me put villain on JJ+, AK, AQs. Standard fold for live poker, or just one of those completely read dependant hands?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: TT in reraised pot

with no description of villain at all, and it being live, i call flop and re-eval turn
Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 AM

I pretty much would never call with TT preflop to fold to a cbet on this board. If you were just set mining you should have folded pre, and hoping that an unknown will just c/f after 3balling is a bit optimistic.

Obviously if you have a read this doesn't need to be the case, but I think calling one time here is reasonable. Folding preflop is alright given it's a live game and 3betting is a lot less requent in my experience, but the fact that it folded around to you in the CO makes the steal factor so obvious that I might even think an unknown is firing light.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 AM

If I put him on that range though, aren't I deep enough to set mine? When I called PF my read was that he was very strong and I needed to hit a set, maybe that is a huge leak or weak/tight, but I didn't want to risk my whole stack to find out if I was drawing to 2 outs or he had AK.

I guess when I say I had the odds, I mean that if the flop is T74 I am doubling up off a huge part of his range (JJ+) guaranteed.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I put him on that range though, aren't I deep enough to set mine? When I called PF my read was that he was very strong and I needed to hit a set, maybe that is a huge leak or weak/tight, but I didn't want to risk my whole stack to find out if I was drawing to 2 outs or he had AK.

I guess when I say I had the odds, I mean that if the flop is T74 I am doubling up off a huge part of his range (JJ+) guaranteed.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but your hand has a lot more value than just set value unless villain is an enormous nit.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:05 AM

90% of villains live are huge nits.

Plus I think my image is that of a calling station, and maybe if villain is thinking he will try to get max value out of me. I called a pot sized bet on the river a few hands earlier with 99 on A3455 board (villain had K3). I got a lot of wierd looks after that.

I guess I just made this thread because I really wasn't sure if my fold was good or bad. I guess without reads it can never be horrible though can it?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 AM

I dunno you're calling 18 to win what 262 I guess which is like 14:1 so that's not bad I suppose since you're 8:1 to hit obv - but the thing is there's a lot of times he has AK/AQ/anything else not JJ+, and you don't stack those holdings so often (and there's a lot of combos of those, and the times you get oversetted, yada yada...).

Suppose it's alright but close.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:09 AM

yes in my (limited) experience playing live, they'll hardly double barrel here with AK/AQ.