Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 07:26 PM

Default LC: Folding Overpairs

Hey All,

I've been running miserably at the $3.40s and $6.50s lately and figured I'd do a few leak-checks. I realized that I almost never fold overpairs unless it's an extremely coordinated flop. Anyone want to post some HHs of easy and not-so-easy overpair folds? I'll go through my last few sessions as well when I get a chance.

Thanks!

J
Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: LC: Folding Overpairs

[ QUOTE ]
Hey All,

I've been running miserably at the $3.40s and $6.50s lately and figured I'd do a few leak-checks. I realized that I almost never fold overpairs unless it's an extremely coordinated flop. Anyone want to post some HHs of easy and not-so-easy overpair folds? I'll go through my last few sessions as well when I get a chance.

Thanks!

J

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey All,

Thanks!

J

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So true.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:52 PM

er, yeah. if you're losing money at $3.40s and $6.50s, I'd bet my bankroll that your biggest leak is not folding overpairs too seldomly.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 PM

J Darnielle-I played with you for awhile at 3.40s last month when I was trying to finish a 2h sng propbet with a friend

you have tons of small leaks in your game, one of them being not folding late game where you probably lose most of your $$. you call shoves way too light and spew off chips losing a lot of EV. you ran way above expectation in all-ins against me making bad shoves/calls and while I SS'd and saw you were a winning player, I was amazed when I saw you posted in the STT forum on 2p2. Try playing less tables and making better decisions and you will see better results.

As far as overpairs go at our level, I've noticed you play more hands than me. I tightened my range early game to adjust for how bad people are late game in our games. Cold call mid pps less and you wont find yourself in so many marginal situations.

if you don't have it, get sngpt and work with it. gl and i'm sure i'll see you at the tables