Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 AM

Default I moved to 8/16 at The Bike, I didn\'t realize it played like 3/6.

I have been playing over at San Manuel because of the lower drop but I thought I would go back to the Bike on Saturday afternoon and play 6/12 to escape the big drop on the smaller games.

When I got there no 6/12 going so I jump into an 8/16 game.

Here is what I noticed:

I buy in for $400 making me the biggest stack at the table. The next biggest is around $300, most are at $200 or less and a few at maybe $100. Is this normal for this game?

2 players are in every hand just bleading money. Normally a 3/6 or 4/8 game there are a few more like this so they do play longer before busting out but holy cow, not in this game. They keep pulling out wads of 20's every 20 minutes or so. Again, normal for this game?

I notice a little bit of bluffing and the ability to take down a pot with A-high or K-high. I like this, a little more like poker than no-foldem. This I expected.

I notice about half the players pay attention to the game and size you up better than in the smaller games. This I expected.

I also notice players get a little pissed when I hit a runner/runner broadway against a flopped smaller straight taking down a pot. I thought he was bluffing so I played back at him. I was playing on a flush draw and hit the straight instead. I was a little suprised by his reaction to me 3 betting him on my draw. Do players at this level expect better players or respect to bets/raises?

How much higher in limits can I go with similar composition of a game here and at Commerce/Hustler? 9/18, 15/30, higher? At what level does the game get agressive? There wasn't a lot of raising in this game, at least not what I would expect. Most hands went to showdown or the river, again, not what I would expect. Seemed like a lot of chasing going on.

A lot of players acted out of turn also. Sometimes half the table was acting at the same time with folding, calling. It was hard to track the action. The dealers tried to keep the action straight but with 5 people playing like that it was kind of interesting to watch. Common in bigger games or no? Should I take advantage of this if I am EP and 4 players fold or call after me when I haven't acted yet?

TIA.