Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: 100K hands in a month possible?

500k hands of 5/10 fixed limit, with a positive winrate before rakeback. If I had 100k to throw around I would bet against anyone in the world with those terms. But I don't of course so nm. Someone with money make this happen plz.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:03 PM

I'm a losing player at 5/10 limit 6-max except MAYBE when I'm playing 3 or fewer tables so I would not take this bet unless I was given significant odds.
I prefer to do this bet at NL I think but wouldn't mind if I was allowed to mix it up.

A couple players who I think could pull it off at 5/10 6-max would be chezlaw and marchinvest2. Not sure I would front the money for them or anything...but they would have a chance.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM

I have done 250,000 hands in a month before. in the month i got around 300k in vpp's the month i got supernova elite
Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i sure could think of a lot of worse things to do for a month than playing 100k hands of poker. i think this is a LOT harder for high stakes players to imagine because so much more goes into the game. if you are just grinding out very low stakes, there isn't a whole lot of thinking that needs to go into playing optimally. you'd just be bored out of your mind. if you are trying to do this playing 10/20 and above, well, that's where it would get brutal.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true and I thought was understood by others, not sure if it was before but glad it was pointed out. Grinding 12 tables of 1/2 nl while listening to music is easy.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM

poker is def a great way to get into other stuff. The money is great but i think i would have a mental breakdown if i played full time my whole life. (seriously) I am in the process right now of trying to transition into another business and can't wait until poker goes back in the hobby category.

Back on topic, I am pretty sure i would have a really hard time playing 100k hands in a month. But i am mainly a limit player.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Is anyone interested in forming a collective group bet against MicroBob (or anyone else for that matter) about this bet? I have $2000 to put up. Everyone can wager what they want until we reach the specified bet amount. (Is that 70k now?)

The terms would be something like:
500k+ hands in a predetermined 31 day stretch
all cash games
1ptbb/100 minimum winrate
nothing lower than $100nl or 1/2 limit
and a daily update would be required

I also want to throw in a small caveat, that within the first 14 days, either side has the option of buying out the bet for 75% of the total bet amount.

Anyone in?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 PM

we would need a trustworthy party to hold the money and also somebody to monitor my play somehow I guess and ensure that my PT screenshots are all legit, etc etc.

I don't want my Stars handle to become public knowledge mostly because I'mn embarassed by how much I suck...but for this prop I also wouldn't want anyone betting against me to show up at my tables and intentionally slow the games down which I think would be tempting strategy if I somehow got close.

I'm not 100% in on this yet.
But if we got $70k together for this and could get a trustworthy party to hold the money then I think I woudl give it a shot.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM

get a CR pro to hold the money, imo.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:20 AM

when i had 150% rakeback on an unnamed site i played two months of 100k+ hands. it's not too difficult.