Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Ron Paul Political Report

Does he have any statements planned on this issue. If he were to actually win this is going to come up.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul Political Report

Basically, it's not much of a story and anyone that hears Ron Paul speak can tell he's not some crazy racist. Addressing it would give the story more credibility and draw more attention to it, which is certainly not good for the campaign.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:05 PM

?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first reaction too, but I am pretty sure he's talking about the newsletter that mentions swift footed black people.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:11 PM

Yeah. While I personally believe his story, unless he's got some hard proof lined up to show it wasn't him the guy is totally screwed. You know they may field a question about it at the upcomming youtube debate correct.

I worry what was in other issues as well.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless he's got some hard proof lined up to show it wasn't him the guy is totally screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize the men he's running against?

Rudy gets attacked by NYPD and FDNY, has had multiple messy divorces, crossdresses, ran an amnesty city, supports gun control and abortion. Romney supported abortion, has a shaky record on gun control, wants to mandate health care, and is a Mormon. McCain gets attacked by veterans, has that whole amnesty issue, voted against the Bush tax cuts, like Giuliani a gun control advocate, oh and there's Campaign Finance Reform. Thompson lobbied for Planned Parenthood, is tainted by Watergate, does not seem to have the will to actually campaign and while he cosponsored McCain's CFR, he claims not to agree with a lot of its parts. Huckabee spent and spent in Arkansas, begged his legislature for more taxes and offered all sorts of programs for illegals in the name of God.

One fault is not the end of candidates.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:33 PM

If Ron Paul's biggest personal scandal is being linked to some article written by someone else 15 years ago, that doesn't sound anything like the way Ron Paul writes/speaks/thinks, that's pretty good. Compared to every other candidate, he's a saint.

Think about it, NOBODY else has stepped forward with any other allegations, and this man has been in politics for 30 years. And lots of people want to see him go down. You figure somebody, somewhere, would've been able to have more claims, but no.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 PM

1) In our society racism is like the kiss of death. You can kill a nun in brought daylight, piss on her corpse, and still spin it, but if you use a racial slur you are screwed forever.

2) Ron Paul was, up until this, completely flawless. A towering example of pure and noble person of unquestionable character. Now his character can be questioned.

3) This will only solidify the kook storyline.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:38 PM

I'm with you on the story. I'm convinced by looking at Pauls life. However, it's written on paper and it has his name attached. He claims it was written by a ghostwriter, but we don't have that persons name nor a clear description of what happened to them or what the timeline of events was. He hasn't released any of the other reports.

I think this is going to be a big problem.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he have any statements planned on this issue. If he were to actually win this is going to come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully he'll get paired against Hillary who has displayed racism out of her actual mouth.