Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: 50 NL - KK fold the flop

[ QUOTE ]
My main question was how i could get the information i needed as cheaply as possible, and leading on the flop probably would have been wise. The villain is a tight mouse by his stats, and my observation. I put him on Queens Or Aces or AK.

I reraised to find out which it was. And it was queens as he showed.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, that range is way too tight, even for someone with those stats. Second of all, raising for information is bad, raising for info in a 3 bet pot is terrible.

[ QUOTE ]
You argue the reraise preflop was small, but according to my read on the guy it was big enough. He wouldnt have called it, with anything but a very strong hand.

And i wanted some action! The remaining players where not the type to cold call a bet like that, unless it was really multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop thinking this way. You dont want to raise small to keep everyone in, your hand is not good multiway. You want to play this heads up. Also, if he has a big hand, hes coming along either way. However, a bigger raise offers him smaller implied odds and in turn makes it incorrect for him to call. Thats how you make money in poker, by having the opponent make more mistakes than you. By raising small youre making a mistake, not the villain.