Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Trips Facing a Possible Flush

So I only have 60 hands on the villain but have him at 18/12 with infinity aggression factor. I'm not too sure about my call of his 3 bet, but I was admittedly a bit tilted. My thinking also went something along the lines of, well the money in the pot is dead. I'm probably facing a fairly big hand given him being relatively tight, and I'll probably know where I'm at on the flop. So I guess I'm calling for set value. Anyhow, probably a bad call by me. When we get to the flop I'm worrying about AKs, and his small bet was just weird. So I figure I'm just going to call this and opt for pot control and hopefully get to a show down on this board. Then on the turn the villain shoves, which is completely the opposite of what I was expecting. So the question is call or fold?

And if my entire train of thought is completely illogical feel free to let me know =P

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $28.70
BB: $26.85
UTG: $24.65
Hero (CO): $36.75
BTN: $37.40

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.80</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.70, <font color="red">BB raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.20, SB folds

Flop: ($4.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($7.80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $23.35 and is All-In</font> [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Trips Facing a Possible Flush

i expect to see overpair with a spade here the majority of the time, i guess AKss is possible too, and TT very infrequently. personally, i am raising and trying to get it in on the flop since i think we are ahead far too often to fold this, plus we still have outs in the event he actually shows up with AKss... as played i think your line is ok since he is aggro and might slow down if you show strength, it just sucks though when you flat call the flop and a spade hits the turn...
Old 11-21-2007, 08:11 AM

Why didn't you raise flop ? You have a set in a 3bet pot, it's not really the time for pot control. You have to make Asx ,Ksx pay their draw, and if a fourth spade comes in you'll either be behind or get no action. And if he has a flush already your equity is still decent so I'd really love to get it in on this flop.

As played the turn is pretty tough, Villain's line is really weird. I'd probably end up calling hoping he has an overpair, but this might be wrong. This is a read-dependant situation imo.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 AM

Calling for set value preflop isn't bad at all. His tiny raise pretty much necessitates you do so. Then you hit your set, RAISE! (And call a shove, because his range is wider than just the flush, and even with the made flush you have 38% chance to fill up.)
Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 AM

Thanks guys that makes a great deal of sense. I'm admittedly horrible.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:25 AM

Horrible isn't horrible if you're asking questions about it.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:16 AM

snapcall-fistpump
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 AM

I am snap calling here because of all the other hands he can have here that we beat. A lower set, two pair, a flush draw, a pair and flush draw.