Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: D
Ravens @ NO 3 30.00%
Giants @ TB 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: please read if you are a supernova

There continues to be this implication that the extra cost would be a massive burden on Stars, whilst any such increase in cost is more or less directly related to the substantial increase in numbers of supernovas which in turn must logically be related to a substantial increase in revenue from rake for Stars. In 2006 they recognised this by progressively increasing the prize pools of the freerolls month by month, therefore also increasing their spend - which with increasing numbers seems perfectly reasonable. On the record if they must stick with the reduced numbers then a ticket every two months seems like a better option than a small bonus.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Keep the small (20k) freeroll for small stakes players, combine the other freerolls into a larger one and offer VIPs more satellites (free for Supernovas) into a larger monthly freeroll and give a $215 Sunday Million ticket to all players who earn 20k VPPs in a month (~5% rakeback bonus).

This provides incentive for the Supernovas who have the ability to achieve 20k VPPs, likely many that usually don't. Also maintains the freerolls for those who enjoy them and provides one freeroll a month that has substantial value for Supernovas. Depending on how it's set=up it likely wouldn't cost Stars much more than how they're currently managing things.

Small (~$100+) bonuses for achieving monthly VPP goals would be a nice addition to the VIP program. Currently there is no incentive for Supernovas to get monthly VPP numbers once they've acheived Supernova status.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Currently there is no incentive for Supernovas to get monthly VPP numbers once they've acheived Supernova status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that's why Stars introduced the milestone bonuses (which were a great idea IMO)
Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Actually it occurred to me that the ticket idea is not a good idea unless they choose to add more to the total.

Giving every supernova $70/month vs giving supernova a $215 ticket every 3 months then obviously the money is a better option. Anyone who wants a ticket can still buy one with their $210 in bonus money and people who don't want one don't get trapped with something they don't want.

-------

The number of SNs are increasing but that only effects the value of the freerolls. They are the only communal benefit. Everything else is independent of the number of SN that exist. Milestones, bonus coupons, concierge service all retain the same value regardless of how many SNs exist. Sine this represents 99% of the value of being SN I don't really see much credence in the loss of value argument.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:52 PM

The freerolls wont keep me playing at stars since I don't play tournaments. Any type of decent cash bonus will keep me at stars since I play cash games (it will also allow tournament players to use the bonus to still play tournaments). I think the best way to compete with FullTilt's rakeback system is to provide as many cash bonus as you can. It's pretty lame to force a cash game player to play tournaments to get full value out of their loyalty to the site.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:39 PM

freerolls suck so hard, i'd rather have any other form of compensation.

not to mention the fact that i barely play tournaments, but what high stakes player wants to concentrate on a tournament for hours when the first prize is only 10-20k? i already have a 12 tabling setup and there's no room a tournament that is largely a waste of time on my monitor
Old 10-01-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
freerolls suck so hard, i'd rather have any other form of compensation.

not to mention the fact that i barely play tournaments, but what high stakes player wants to concentrate on a tournament for hours when the first prize is only 10-20k? i already have a 12 tabling setup and there's no room a tournament that is largely a waste of time on my monitor

[/ QUOTE ]

If a free $50 donko isn't worth 1/12 of your screen does it really matter? What can they replace the freerolls with that is more than 5 minutes pay for you guys?
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

It is more an issue of fairness. Under the current system people who have no interest in the tournaments are subsidizing those that do. Just because $1000 a year doesn't have much utility value to someone doesn't mean it wouldn't annoy them to have it taken from them and given to someone else.

Cash is a great universal item. People who like tournaments can take that cash and find a tournament if they want. People who don't can just keep the cash.

Think of it this way. How would people feel if the tournaments were moved to Tuesday afternoon? Personally that would be great for me and the other people who don't have jobs. Instead of 1100-1200 players we'd have less then 500 which is much better value. I'm pretty sure all the people who couldn't play no Tuesday would feel cheated because they were subsidizing the prize pool for the unemployed.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Looking at the numbers it's silly how much attention these "crappy" freerolls get. Lets say everyone played these, we'd be lucky to get $1K a year in value.

A semi-baller that earns 500K VPP's gets $26250 in FPP's + $1250 milestone bonus +$2250 MB +$3250 MB +$4250 MB, $37250 total. Missing out on the freeroll value isn't worth the thousands of posts on the issue.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wife >>>>> Freerolls

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I enjoy the sex [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]