Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: I was robbed yesterday for $9,000

Yes, I was a [censored] moron for hanging out with this guy again but jesus he is a good conman. I am now learning from people around town that he has done this to soooo many people, and Im not the only "gullible" one. He's a total piece of [censored], I hung out with him everyday for 4 months and it was all just a setup so he could do this.

I initially thought I had just gotten really drunk from the night before, and didnt put the pieces together that he had drugged my drink until after the incident

As for the weed, yea it was dumb and obviously I didnt tell the cops about this. I told him i gave him the initial 3k to pay back a sportsbetting debt he owed, which was what ended up happening anywyas. Im not worried about conspiracy here because there was no written agreement or any proof whatsoever that the 3k was going towards that

also, when i say ive "hustled" people, im not talking about stealing, robbing, cheating any of that [censored]. Strictly playing cards. some people label that as "hustling" but thats what i was referring to. Nothing illegal or scummy, thats not who i am

The official term is Grand Larceny, and thats what his warrent is out for. Because he did not threaten or force me when he took the money, it is classified as larceny and not robbery.

I made this thread to get recommendations on what I should do from here, and to sort of vent. I know i've been a dumbass, but jesus this guy is good at what he does. Hes obv got a serious gambling problem and probably drug problem, and will do anything to get his fix. He is definately the shittiest 20 yr old Ive ever came across and the decisions hes making right now is going to catch up to him pretty damn fast.

Thanks for all the advice and help
Old 11-12-2007, 11:16 AM

lol op idi the nigerian would like a word with you
Atleast he wont give you rufees and play butt darts with you
Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM

OP, I am from Tulsa, where the [censored] are you finding homegames which require you to carry around 8k?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:27 AM

So....OP didn't actually get robbed.

He got date raped - then left 9k+ and his fulltilt account to a 'tulsa drug lord' who had PREVIOUSLY stole 2.5k from him while he took a shower? GG.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:58 AM

This sucks and I'm sorry it happened. Learn your lesson. Lots of scum out there.

Years ago when I was about 20 and had maybe 1500 to my name. Not that it was a big deal. I liked to shoot some pool 2, 3 times a week maybe. There was this regular older guy in the pool room about 55 or so. I played pool with him more than a dozen times. I saw him often in the pool hall over a period of 2 years. One day he offered to play some blackjack. He knew I tried learning how to count but was into poker now. Anyway we played 3 handed. Him, me and the pool hall's owner. We rotated dealing. I had to have a big edge in this game or so I thought. I just came back from AC and had about 700-800 hundred on me out of the total 1500 I had to my name. Anyway I lost pretty much all of it in about 1/2 an hour. As I was driving home I realized what happened. I was just cheated/scammed by a guy who used marked cards (we used his decks, there were other clues). I never saw him again.

Hope you feel a little better.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 PM

The golden rule for not being scammed is :

Every time someone says "give me that amount of cash, and in return you'll get double/triple+ after an illegal business I will make", well EVERY time this is a scam !

There's no way a guy who could triple an investement is going to ask people he barely knows, he would ask a very close friend for that, or better just get a regular loan and keep the huge profit for himself. Why would he share his so juicy business ?

Secondly, the fact that it has to do with illegal business is for him to prevent you from going to the cops.

There is NO WAY that kind of deal exists in the real world.

For OP : If you don't know any tough/mean/mob guy, and don't want to be beaten up or get in trouble with justice, then don't do anything about him. Stay away from trouble. Don't get involved in a vendetta where the cops/the conman friends are coming to your home the very next day the guy has been beaten up.
Forget about your money, move on.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:01 PM

lol @ costing $5k to start growing weed... you're supplying an entire state or what?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 PM

OP,

How can we take your plight seriously when there was a part in your story about illegally funding a weed growing operation!!! I mean what do you expect people to post? Do you want sympathy? Your tried to become a drug dealer or least fund a drug dealer and then were caught off guard TWICE?!?!?!
Man, somedays I feel kinda sad that being an analyst isnt as awesome as I thought it would be and wonder about the decisions I made in college about my major, etc. and then I read posts by kids the same age as me about things like this.

Thanks for making me feel better, and next time "Joe" comes around let him make you more "drinks" and force you to take "showers". LOL!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:46 PM

Something tells me I'm being leveled here.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=2#Post12907214
Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM

After reading this whole thread, I KNOW you're a total idiot. You've admitted to being an accomplice by posting(writing) in a public forum, no less, that you had knowledge of the weed farm in which you were backing financially. In a court of law, this is an admission of guilt and knowledge of an illegal operation.
You better hope that the police NEVER find him, or you'll be sharing a jail cell with him. Stupid is as stupid does...
Closed Thread