Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 03-31-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Someone please help me

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a bad idea to ban people who are screwing with you personally. I learned that the hard way when a ban I made got overturned. There is just no way to keep objective about it. If anyone bans this guy, it should be Carter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the first bit, but why db? The ban isn't for posts in any forum. I think bans like this should only be made by admins.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:33 AM

I've advised Katy that next time, suspend whoever, and then turn the details over to Ryan, and request a ban from Ryan.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:31 AM

Is there not a way for reds to not allow users to send PM's at all? If you don't want to ban him this seems like a great compromise.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:31 AM

what ever [censored] this im banning that POS now
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sending offensive PMs, multiple warning for poor posting ability

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy if you are going to be a mod I think you need to get comfortable with making these types of decisions on your own. if you're not able or willing to ban posters than you won't be able to effectively carry out the full duties of being a mod.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a bad idea to ban people who are screwing with you personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I wasn't sure about. See, I just wasn't sure what to do in this situation and I didn't want to over react. Turns out he was joking around but being very sick in his approach.

I came on here looking for advice because a couple people had told me if I'm not sure at first then ask for help on the mod forum. Turns out I'm really great at giving suggestions when other people ask me for advice but when it comes to myself, different story.

I didn't want him to be denied the fun of the forums, I just wanted him to knock it the [censored] off and leave me alone. I'm a very private person. Why I couldn't have just told him that last night is beyond me. I'm disappointed with myself.

I want to thank everyone here for their advice. It was much appreciated.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Katy if you are going to be a mod I think you need to get comfortable with making these types of decisions on your own. if you're not able or willing to ban posters than you won't be able to effectively carry out the full duties of being a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I think you make a good point. I'm going to discuss this with Mat when he responds to my PM.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:25 AM

Katy,

JJN often creates long-winded posts in Psychology, with a common theme of attemping to predict others' playing styles by race, demographics, etc. He has admitted to being Bipolar, and as you correctly surmised, he appears to be a social retard.

I usually give him a fairly long leash in Psychology, because his posts often elicit significant interplay--even if I find these threads to be rather stupid. However, you do not need to be accepting abuse from him.

Dr. chess
Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 AM

Katy,

Now that I've read them, personally, I think he is only kind of kidding. This seems like stuff people write when they want it to look like they're kidding but they're actually angry and bitter. I'd still be very disturbed, and leave him blocked <u>at the very least</u>.

And Jeremy, lighten up. She's been a mod for about a minute and a half. We can't ALL start our modly tenure by raining down fire from the heavens. (Though it works well for some of you.)
Old 03-31-2007, 09:45 AM

Katy, Censored,

FWIW, it has been explained already that banning people for harassing you, etc, out of your forum, is unacceptable, and at all points what is supposed to be done is contact either the mod of the forum where the harassment occurs or the admins, and let them handle it, so that there's "never" bias/hotheadedness going in to the decision. What Katy did was perfectly acceptable, except that I think that since the admins were not online, it would have been fairly reasonable to either go with the ignore option, or a temporary banning, until the reds woke up and saw your messages.

c