Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Hand

[ QUOTE ]
This guy without any doubt at all talked every time he had a draw and got dead silent poker face when he had a hand he thought could be best at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was at the table with this guy, and this was certainly the case. This tell trumps the "weak when strong" tell big time. Also, I'd expect our drunken friend to 3-bet an A most of the time, so you probably have 4 outs.

Having said that, I think I'd fold. I'm not really prepared to 3-bet and then 3-barrel, and if you're not going to showdown UI you need like 3.5 outs to call, and I don't think you've quite got it.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:08 PM

Something to consider. Does your decision change if it's KQ instead of QJ.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:24 AM

So cut-off is on a draw. But might that not be, say, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? Or would he have raised pre-flop with such a hand? SB likely does have nothing, but who knows what he's going to call you down with.

It just seems like you're going to have to have a lot of things go right to win this pot. And, yeah, I'd feel a little--though not a lot--better about it if you had K-Q and thus had that much more unimproved showdown value.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Something to consider. Does your decision change if it's KQ instead of QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me its a clear continue with KQ. I think the way to go about this is to call and just donk a brick turn and see how he reacts. You'll know then if a river bet takes this pot down I think.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-19-2007, 06:36 AM

clarkmeister,
care to give these guys handranges? tThe best i can do is to give handranges for typical fish in my games and make them drawheavy for one of the players. I'm pretty sure that weights your hand toward a thin peel at best (and generally I'd just fold cuz its only maybe a peel cuz of your verbal tell). Trying to get sb to fold a pair sounds like an expensive proposition.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:46 AM

You did well to raise preflop and bet this flop. It is now time to retire, as (a) even if we do have the best hand, CO has a flush draw and will never fold if he backs into a pair and (b) even if you do manage to get CO to fold, SB may own you by drunkenly calling with K-high. This flop is a fold. Now that The MPC has been kind enough to convene and render judgement on the proper of course of action for this hand, you all can stop responding, as no more discussion is necessary.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that The MPC has been kind enough to convene and render judgement on the proper of course of action for this hand, you all can stop responding, as no more discussion is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please discontinue this kind of posting. Wes/ILOVEPOKER929, did you get a new gimmick account?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Results

I folded and hated it. I definitely would have continued with KQ, so I think this has at least got to be close.

So lop is As 8d 3s. Check, I bet, CO raises. SB calls two cold, I fold. The turn was like a red SB checked, CO bet, SB says "I told you I had nothing" and folds. CO tables 72s.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Results

I see zero difference between KQ and QJ here unless you specifically put him on a K high flush draw
Old 08-19-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember when folding to say, "I can never with with these, an Ace on the flop every time!"

[/ QUOTE ]

A+