Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 05:14 PM

Default The Travel Thread

I would say that, especially for my age (21), I have traveled extensively. All of my travel, besides some family and business trips, have been of the independant/budget/backpacking variety.

I've been back in Vancouver for about 4 months since my last trip and i'm stuck in a rocking job, which makes life easier... but I still think about travelling atleast once a day...soooo...

I want to hear from you El D: Where have you been? What have been some highlights? Most awe-inspiring places? Crazy ass stories ala Adsman?

If your stories are of the independant variety, or you've been somewhere (or have a story) that is uniqe/totally awesome that's even better.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but i'll come back and write a couple of stories that compleatly blew me away.

Word up,

Cancuk
Old 07-08-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: The Travel Thread

you should get the ball rolling w/ your story.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:45 PM

Am I weird because I don't really find any urge to travel? I'm 36. In 96, I moved to Arizona. The only places I vacationed from there were San Diego, LA, and Vegas. I moved to Northern California 3 years ago, and the only addition to those cities is Phoenix (because my family is still there).

I talk to people who go overseas every year. But I don't want to go anywhere but the cities listed above.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:53 PM

I'm sure i'll get blown away by many of the people here, but i'll share a story or two. I'm 20 and have been to a lot of places in North America, but never been outside of it.

The two most exotic places i've been were on a mission trip to nicaragua, and to alaska.

Both were awesome in very different ways. Alaska for the incredible fishing and incredible natural beauty, and Nicaragua for the blast of seeing ***REAL*** poverty close up and personal. Note: As a side affect of Nicaragua, i no longer really believe we have 'poor' people in America. I no longer donate to American charities with only a few teeny teeny teeny exceptions. There are people who need it so much more.

Feel free to ask aobut either one, I guess i should tell some stories but I don't really know where to start.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:36 AM

good thing this thread isn't in the TRAVEL FORUM
Old 07-09-2007, 09:30 AM

Sometimes the most inspiring travel moments for me have been quiet, solitary ones. The one that comes to mind most of all was in Cairo about 10 years ago. A friend and I were walking around the old city, and came to a mosque where we tipped the guy who was guarding the place a few dollars to let us walk up the minaret. This was a beautiful stone building constructed in the 16th century, and we're walking up this narrow, spiral staircase built more than 400 years earlier, and I look down at the stone steps and see...hieroglyphics. That was pretty amazing, hard to put into words but at that moment you feel like you're in the middle of so much history.