Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: CAZ Trip Report (Short)

[ QUOTE ]
The 10/150 is insane but only spread one table or two so the wait can be brutal during busy times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's not worth it. It's a terrible, terrible game. Just stay away. Very tough players, super tricky, limping with big pairs, reraising raisers with garbage and showing bluffs, playing so many hands it's impossible to put them on anything. If you are curious, don't even watch it, it's a waste of your time. You have all the regulars from the big limit games dropping in, so you know how tough they are. They love to min-raise and confuse the heck out of you
Old 06-20-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 10/150 is insane but only spread one table or two so the wait can be brutal during busy times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's not worth it. It's a terrible, terrible game. Just stay away. Very tough players, super tricky, limping with big pairs, reraising raisers with garbage and showing bluffs, playing so many hands it's impossible to put them on anything. If you are curious, don't even watch it, it's a waste of your time. You have all the regulars from the big limit games dropping in, so you know how tough they are. They love to min-raise and confuse the heck out of you

[/ QUOTE ]

DC --

In my experience it's nowhere near this tough. And when the spread is only 15 blinds, tight solid play is impervious to almost any level of trickery.

--Nate
Old 06-20-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DC --

In my experience it's nowhere near this tough. And when the spread is only 15 blinds, tight solid play is impervious to almost any level of trickery.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

nate - please check your sarcasm meter, its broken.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DC --

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT --

You sure? The 10-150 game has been mythologized at CAZ. Whether DesertCat has bought into it or not, I'm not sure.

--Nate
Old 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DC --

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT --

You sure? The 10-150 game has been mythologized at CAZ. Whether DesertCat has bought into it or not, I'm not sure.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

On the interwebs a "" is the poster winking his eye. I give sarcasm coaching for $350/hour, PM if interested. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2007, 03:14 PM

I've found that when people are commenting about how bad a game is that the game is usually quite good, just in a different way than normal.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
40-80 half kill as soft as ever. It's honestly been 2+ years since I've been in a game that good.

Inconsistent enforcement of bet line from dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't betting lines. When CAZ first put them in I pointed out to a floor person that the lines were a bad idea and that they weren't far enough forward. She told me that they weren't sure if they were going to use them as betting lines or not and that the design people had 'gotten it wrong' so I said this'll lead to double confusion and here you have it. The regulars are used to it and visitors think it's a betting line.

[ QUOTE ]
Angle shooting locals all over. I can't count the number of times I made the dealer clarify their action. One guy would stop when the action was on him, literally stare left for like 4-one-thousand, hope someone acted behind him, then act.

Others would make silent "checks" and the dealers wouldn't announce their action. One guy loved to take enough chips to raise, stack enough to call. Leave his hand out there and hope you reacted, then pull back his hand or keep stacking chips for a raise depending on what you did. Again, no help from dealers in terms of clarifying when someone's action had been completed. Once I asked a dealer and was told "he called" even though the player hadn't said anything verbally and still had a stack of chips in his hand and over the betting line right next to the 8 chips he had put on the felt to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played the 40 enough to comment much on this but when I first started some guy pulled a move like this on me which caused me to fold my BB for what turned out not to be a raise because I'd taken my eye off the action so it's really my fault. I made a post about it on here some time back but me and 2p2's search function are bitter enemies and I'm not going to try and look it up.

[ QUOTE ]
For a place that has constant must-moves, I am astounded that they never bring racks to the table for those who have to move. wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the floor people bring racks. Some don't. This is a bit on the picky side.

[ QUOTE ]
Dealers get pissed here when you only toke $1/pot regardless of size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have very rarely experienced this. Then again, most don't expect to be over-tipped from me.

I wish you'd mentioned that you were coming. Please do so next time as I'd really like to say hi.

- - - - - -

Tx, Tuq. Pope already took care of it.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:18 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I made a post about it on here some time back but me and 2p2's search function are bitter enemies and I'm not going to try and look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that you can use Google to search two plus two? Just go to advanced features or what ever it is actually called and tell it to only seach on two plus two.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've found that when people are commenting about how bad a game is that the game is usually quite good, just in a different way than normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying it's my game and I don't want to see any of you in it Please let me "take one for the team"

To be honest I've found that it's much swingier than the 5-150, almost to 20-40 level of swings, and I think this is why most 5-150 players avoid it. The aggressive players like to pop it $150 with all sorts of draws and made hands, that can be $600 just to get to show down against the super laggies. Guess wrong twice in a row and you are having a bad day. I play only 3 hours a day and often leave either up or down a grand.

And it's a slow game like NL, so I think many of the big limit players get bored in it.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I made a post about it on here some time back but me and 2p2's search function are bitter enemies and I'm not going to try and look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that you can use Google to search two plus two? Just go to advanced features or what ever it is actually called and tell it to only seach on two plus two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I found it using regular Google, thanks a lot!

I took a look at advanced search and couldn't figure it out. I'm stupid I guess.