Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: SB vs BB - I Tell Him What I Have

the more russians at the table, the better.

oh, and order vodka shots for your new found friends, as a consolation for 'sucking out' on the river in the AJ hand.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the more russians at the table, the better.

oh, and order vodka shots for your new found friends, as a consolation for 'sucking out' on the river in the AJ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably no vodka in this game, but if there is, yeah, that's one way to keep it friendly

that question means one of two things from a russian:

1. let's stay out of each other's way and not go crazy, i will [censored] with someone else. i have to [censored] with someone because i'm a crazy russian, but it won't be you.

2. how strong is your hand? i am going to [censored] you in your capitalist ass.

whenever i am sitting with deep stacks against a russian i like to find out which one it's gonna be ASAP. but your reaction probably depends on your tolerance for variance.
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

as for this hand, i probably fold, but hard to say without a live read. what was yours?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:16 PM

oh and i hate the reraise in hand 1 man, what is up with that?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and i hate the reraise in hand 1 man, what is up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn someone finally said it. that was horrible lol. and the 3bet size on hand 2? 100 to 700? that's a little too much no? or is this how the game you play at plays.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Would you rather have 2 equally bad players with stack size X, or one bad player with stack 2X? All I can think off the top of my head is that it doesn't really matter, except 1) The seat will be taken by a good player, as you righly point out and 2) You have a better shot at getting some money with 2 players, although the EV is probably equal, it's just a lower variance thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do have the added benefit that they won't be sharing info in Sputnik though!
Old 06-16-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Would you rather have 2 equally bad players with stack size X, or one bad player with stack 2X? All I can think off the top of my head is that it doesn't really matter, except 1) The seat will be taken by a good player, as you righly point out and 2) You have a better shot at getting some money with 2 players, although the EV is probably equal, it's just a lower variance thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do have the added benefit that they won't be sharing info in Sputnik though!

[/ QUOTE ]

to me it depends on my stack size if we are all like 100bbs then i want the 2 bad playrs, if im deep then id rather have another bad player deep then 2bad players at 100bbs
Old 06-17-2007, 04:26 PM

He is on Tilt and Lying, Call.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-18-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My questions were more about validity of declared hand in a 3 way pot... is his hand ever dead in a case like this, we were arguing at the game for hours about this. I thought his hand should not be declared DEAD unless he actually showed it in a 3 way pot with further action, the other guys thought it should have been declared dead ???

The 2nd hand I folded and he showed AA

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always legal to lie about your hand.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My questions were more about validity of declared hand in a 3 way pot... is his hand ever dead in a case like this, we were arguing at the game for hours about this. I thought his hand should not be declared DEAD unless he actually showed it in a 3 way pot with further action, the other guys thought it should have been declared dead ???

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO gary, if you want to kill their hand or have the floor take any more action on it, you need to stop the hand before the flop and ask for a ruling. at that point you probably have a case, although my guess is this time it will be a warning. they're going to deny sharing info and unless someone else at the table speaks russian, it can't be proven.

EDIT: that probably applies more to hand 1 than hand 2. in hand 2, no way his hand is killed.